NX-Otica build in Texas

Captainhemo

Re: NX-Otica build in Texas
« Reply #20 on: 4 May 2020, 03:45 pm »
The satin lacquer over the Danish Oil  looks  great  Roger  !!
Nicely done  :thumb:

jay

hawkeyejw

« Reply #21 on: 4 May 2020, 04:34 pm »
Man those look really nice!

drippingsound

« Reply #22 on: 6 May 2020, 03:07 am »
Hello team Danny, My name is Roger the brother to Allan. These are my speakers but you have Allan to thank for the thread and keeping everyone updated on my build because I have not been a member and I am not used to posting on boards (not my strength). As you can see Allan has done a great job on the crossovers and looking forward to hearing the speakers. I am on probation until I post a few more messages so I am unable to respond to people but will be sending a few more pictures for the completion of the speakers. Big thanks goes out to Jay for taking all my calls and emails and walking a newbie through the process of working with veneer and painting mdf! Also I am uncertain how the crossovers would have turned out if i had to do it myself with my limited knowledge so I am very fortunate to have such a smart brother that was willing to help me. Thanks Bro!
Roger

Sonicjoy

« Reply #23 on: 6 May 2020, 02:14 pm »
Hi Rodger! Welcome to AC. Great job both you and your brother! I hope you both post your thought on each set of speakers. Looking forward to the comparison.

I'm sure you guys are having fun doing that together (but separate.)

Cheers!

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #24 on: 6 May 2020, 05:12 pm »
Some of my favorite threads are build threads. Excellent construction and finish on these speakers. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Rock Ball

« Reply #25 on: 6 May 2020, 05:53 pm »
Some drivers installed.

Captainhemo

« Reply #26 on: 7 May 2020, 12:17 am »
Hello team Danny, My name is Roger the brother to Allan. These are my speakers but you have Allan to thank for the thread and keeping everyone updated on my build because I have not been a member and I am not used to posting on boards (not my strength). As you can see Allan has done a great job on the crossovers and looking forward to hearing the speakers. I am on probation until I post a few more messages so I am unable to respond to people but will be sending a few more pictures for the completion of the speakers. Big thanks goes out to Jay for taking all my calls and emails and walking a newbie through the process of working with veneer and painting mdf! Also I am uncertain how the crossovers would have turned out if i had to do it myself with my limited knowledge so I am very fortunate to have such a smart brother that was willing to help me. Thanks Bro!
Roger

Hey Roger.
Great to see you  nearing the finish line   !  Been fun getting  to know youi  over the past  few weeks and   offer up some  help where  I could.  Anxious for you  to hear  your  new  speakers,  I know how  hard  you've  worked on  them

jay

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #27 on: 7 May 2020, 12:38 am »
Man, those speakers are looking really good!

Rock Ball

« Reply #28 on: 15 May 2020, 02:41 pm »
Here are photos of Roger's finished speakers.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #29 on: 15 May 2020, 04:43 pm »
Aww, the Dual Subs look adorable on their side like that..
But I mean depending on space, I'd probably consider doing the same with a dual or triple.

Endo2112

• Particularist
« Reply #30 on: 16 May 2020, 03:46 pm »
Or quads!!

Don

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #31 on: 16 May 2020, 08:03 pm »
Looks beautiful.  How does he like the sound?

emailtim

« Reply #32 on: 17 May 2020, 12:37 am »
Aww, the Dual Subs look adorable on their side like that..
But I mean depending on space, I'd probably consider doing the same with a dual or triple.

The center floor can work quite well.  The floor extends the D of the baffle on the floor side.

Rock Ball

« Reply #33 on: 17 May 2020, 01:29 pm »
Looks beautiful.  How does he like the sound?
He told me "Mids and highs are perfect for my ears!  Smooth and detailed.  Voices and instruments are perfect."

He is still working on the sub settings.

Sajgre

« Reply #34 on: 27 Jan 2021, 03:58 pm »
Thanks for a GREAT thread. Any updates, how do you like the sound?

Rock Ball

« Reply #35 on: 27 Jan 2021, 05:20 pm »
Thanks for a GREAT thread. Any updates, how do you like the sound?

My brother is extremely happy with the sound of the speakers.  He is using them with GR Research 24-strand speaker cables and a TU-8600S 300B amp.  He has a single GR Research OB H-frame dual 12" sub placed in the center, but is considering building a second one. 

I finally got to hear his system and it sounds great.  By far, the best sound he has ever had.

Captainhemo

« Reply #36 on: 30 Jan 2021, 08:00 pm »
Good to hear   :thumb: :thumb:

jay

shocky111

« Reply #37 on: 12 Dec 2022, 09:20 pm »
I'd love to stop by Danny's and audition his NX-Otica with his servo subs, you-tube videos have really peaked my interest. Your brothers speakers look fantastic, great job!

Jmitchell3

« Reply #38 on: 17 Dec 2022, 02:11 am »
Wow! Purdy!