Greetings from Chattanooga

Midnight Audiophile

Greetings from Chattanooga
« on: 13 Sep 2022, 02:17 am »
Hello, new member here. I found this site when doing some research on alternatives to No-Res. I'm into finding beer budget hi-fi equipment that holds its own against high dollar audiophile brands. I'm a Skeptic in the broadest sense and generally a nice person that strives to practice Humanist values. I dig Hi-Fi and listen to mainly guitar rock, AC/DC being one of my favs along with Hendrix, EVH, Page, Sky Dog, Clapton, Townshend, Winter, and SRV being notable others (the green ones I've seen live).

Have a good day and cheers!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Greetings from Chattanooga
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2022, 02:26 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

Midnight Audiophile

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2022, 02:33 am »
Thanks!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2022, 01:58 pm »
Welcome!

Hope you've already found streaming (along with Redbook quality internet radio) as a low cost source.

Another low cost alternative to passive loudspeakers is active monitors (like the studio pros use).  Kali is a good brand to start looking.  Sound On Sound is a good resource for reviews.  Actives (fed by low voltage sources) have sophisticated crossovers that send signals to one dedicated channel of amplification per driver for superior performance. 

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2022, 02:57 pm »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2022, 06:00 pm »
Cheers & Welcome to AC Midnight Audiophile   :thumb: