M4 Turbo S owner and new member

Syrinxcs

M4 Turbo S owner and new member
« on: 2 Sep 2022, 11:37 pm »
Hi,
new member here and looking forward to reading all the posts about Spatial Audio speakers. I bought a used pair of M4 Turbo S about 2 years ago and love them. I run 2 sealed SVS subs with them as I've never been able to get much bass out of them despite playing with placement. Are there any kind of upgrades that can be done to these or are they just what they are? Thanks

ric

Re: M4 Turbo S owner and new member
« Reply #1 on: 3 Sep 2022, 01:42 pm »
Yes, I highly recommend upgrading a few crossover parts. Keep in mind that the current Xover is in a very small space so it would be easiest to have an outboard Xover. I replaced my M3TS' .68uF, 68uF, caps, and the resistor. Huge (but in my case expensive) upgrade, but so worth it to upgrade those parts!

James Edward

Re: M4 Turbo S owner and new member
« Reply #2 on: 3 Sep 2022, 10:04 pm »
I have the M3 Turbo S; I believe it’s just the woofer size that differentiates the two. I also use a sub- Hsu ULS MK2. It’s also a sealed box- I didn’t want to muck up the bass, but felt I wanted a little more punch…
I also added supertweeters- Taket Batpro MK2. I feel they add ‘air’ with zero harshness.
For my preferences- I like a very full bodied midrange, and the ability to play at over 100 db with no distortion, this setup really fits the bill. My room is problematic in the bass region; I had Legacy Focus/AMT speakers and loved them, but the bass was problematic at very loud volumes. The open baffle design of the Spatials cured that.