Any M6 love?

lectrolink

Any M6 love?
« on: 25 Aug 2022, 12:00 am »
I have a very small room (12 x 8) and I can only set the speakers up along the 8' wall. I'm guessing the M6 would be appropriate for the room (I do have a subwoofer), so I'd appreciate hearing comments from owners of M6.

DaveWin88

Re: Any M6 love?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2022, 10:58 pm »
I have a very small room (12 x 8) and I can only set the speakers up along the 8' wall. I'm guessing the M6 would be appropriate for the room (I do have a subwoofer), so I'd appreciate hearing comments from owners of M6.
I have mine on a 12 foot wall. 3 feet from the front wall, and the couch up against the back wall and it's pretty killer. In an interview with Clayton, he said that you could possibly get away with two feet from the front wall (the wall behind the speakers) You're best bet would be to call and talk to Clayton. He's very generous with his time on any questions you might have. Maybe you could do I diagonal placement. Here is a shot of my room with my Tektons.

newzooreview

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2022, 01:10 am »
If you can place the M6s at least 3 feet out from the wall behind them then they should work very well. I have the M3's in a slightly larger room than what you describe. They are fantastic.

If you cannot move the speakers at least three feet from the wall behind them then you should definitely talk to Clayton.

There is no need for a subwoofer with the M-series bass.

DaveWin88

« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2022, 02:07 am »
If you can place the M6s at least 3 feet out from the wall behind them then they should work very well. I have the M3's in a slightly larger room than what you describe. They are fantastic.

If you cannot move the speakers at least three feet from the wall behind them then you should definitely talk to Clayton.

There is no need for a subwoofer with the M-series bass.
I disagree?  No one really needs one, but I would absolutely recommend two:) You really do! need the added weight to the bass / presentation. The key is not to get too greedy. Just have them contribute for the last octave+ They widened the sound stage for me also. newzooreview. Once you have them, you'll never go back{

« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2022, 04:20 pm by DaveWin88 »

newzooreview

« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2022, 03:30 am »
I have a pair of REL T/9i subwoofers. They've been sitting in the spare room unused since I got my M3 Sapphires.

morganc

« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2022, 04:55 am »
I disagree?  No really needs one, but I would absolutely recommend two:) You really do! need the added weight to the bass / presentation. The key is not to get too greedy. Just have them contribute for the last octave+ They widened the sound stage for me also. newzooreview. Once you have them, you'll never go back{

In my prior home I paired X-5’s with two dual servos from GR Research and boy was it a great pairing. Overkill for certain genres but just great for others.

DaveWin88

« Reply #6 on: 26 Aug 2022, 09:30 am »
I have a pair of REL T/9i subwoofers. They've been sitting in the spare room unused since I got my M3 Sapphires.
I should have clarified a couple things. I had the subs with the Tektons as they definitely benefited from the addition of two subs. So I really didn't purchase them for the M6's per se.

In my prior home I paired X-5’s with two dual servos from GR Research and boy was it a great pairing. Overkill for certain genres but just great for others.
Genres are a great point. Listening to mostly classical, especially piano you really do need that weight. You just have to be careful not to scmuck up the already great bass quality out of the spatials.   

Bingenito

« Reply #7 on: 26 Aug 2022, 10:24 am »
hmm this is making me want M6 for a 2nd system... Torture!

lectrolink

« Reply #8 on: 26 Aug 2022, 08:09 pm »
I've got 3-4 feet of room to work with from the front wall, so I'll be ok that way. But the outside edge of the speakers will be no more than one foot from the side walls. Hope that's ok, should be with dipole radiation.
I'll talk to Clayton and see what he says...

Manolo

• Consulting Structural Engineer
« Reply #9 on: 27 Aug 2022, 11:01 am »
Go for the M4. I have the M4 TM in my 12’x11’ room and it works fantastic.

Bryguy91

« Reply #10 on: 27 Aug 2022, 10:05 pm »
Something I've never understood about these speakers is the ungodly low crossover point. How is that poor little Peerless Corundum meant to cope with that?

Mr. Big

« Reply #11 on: 28 Aug 2022, 02:55 pm »
Something I've never understood about these speakers is the ungodly low crossover point. How is that poor little Peerless Corundum meant to cope with that?

The tweeter is a special design built for Clayton that can handle a range that most tweeters would not be able to, of course for their speaker designs that not needed to. Spatial Audio speakers are forward thinking, forget about the rules and speakers of the past design wise.

Factorz

« Reply #12 on: 29 Aug 2022, 01:29 pm »
M6 owner in a 12x12 room. I do run dual subs, but more because I had them before owning the M6's. I've owned my fair share of speakers and while I won't say these are my forever speaker I really don't see a change outside of a larger room and moving up the Spatial line.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.