New Here--South Florida

lectrolink

New Here--South Florida
« on: 22 Aug 2022, 11:06 pm »
I moved to South Florida a few years ago from Los Angeles- what a difference in the audiophile community! In California, there was a plethora of dealers, enthusiasts, club meetings, shows, etc. Here, not much at all, which surprised me. I;ve been to the FL Audio Expo, which is great, but that's in Tampa-- 4 hr drive. Would be happy to find like-minded folks in SoFla, but happy just to  chat online here about systems, music, etc.

Lately, I've been thinking about what my upgrade path might be in the near future. I'm 67, so my high frequencies are pretty much shot, plus I have some persistent tinnitus, which doesn't help either. So for future purchases (preamp and/or speakers) I think I want to concentrate less on the ultimate in extraction of low level detail, and more on dynamics, timbral realism, soundstaging, separation/non-congestion. I stream Qobuz, play LPs and CDs.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: New Here--South Florida
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2022, 11:21 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

I want to concentrate less on the ultimate in extraction of low level detail, and more on dynamics, timbral realism, soundstaging, separation/non-congestion.
I think a fullrange driver no xover direct from the amp may fit your requirements except for hi SPL.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2022, 03:10 pm »
Welcome!

lectrolink

« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2022, 12:03 am »
Thanks, what would be an example of a full range driver speaker, no Xover? Like Tannoy??

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2022, 12:11 am »
Thanks, what would be an example of a full range driver speaker, no Xover? Like Tannoy??
Sorry I dont know if Tannoy are direct from the amp.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 25 Aug 2022, 03:48 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC lectrolink   :thumb: