Howdy Y'all

nativetexan1976

Howdy Y'all
« on: 24 Oct 2022, 03:24 am »
Just a quick introductory note to introduce myself.   I've enjoyed this hobby for many years, built many speakers for fun when I was a kid.  Older now and looking forward to building by first pair of GR Research.   Likely the XLS or XStatiks.....

Steve, aka nativetexan

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Howdy Y'all
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2022, 05:28 pm »
Just a quick introductory note to introduce myself.   I've enjoyed this hobby for many years, built many speakers for fun when I was a kid.  Older now and looking forward to building by first pair of GR Research.   Likely the XLS or XStatiks.....

Steve, aka nativetexan

Welcome!  I'd vote for the X-Statik's as they give you that nice OB midrange while having the bass punch of a sealed box down low.  Plus they look cooler :)

Vince in TX

« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2022, 02:26 pm »
I'm not a native, but I got here as quickly as I could.    :lol:

Goals:

X-Static + Double Trouble times two sounds absolutely phenomenal

morganc

« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2022, 02:43 pm »
Welcome and X-statiks or NX Studio.  Encores are great but not in the same league as the others IMO. 

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2022, 03:17 pm »
Welcome to AC.

Theronbo

« Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2022, 02:53 am »
Fellow native Texan…

I built the X-Statics almost 2 years ago now…

Just completed Double-Trouble…

I don’t have the listening experience some on these boards do…

But, the X-Statiks are pretty awesome… I’m impressed every time I listen to them.

The open base has been nice. It’s subtle, but dramatic… I didn’t miss it till I had it… now, for some music… it’s just indispensable…

The X-Statics have pretty good fast base on their own.. (4 small 6” drivers) …

Whenever I have company over … someone will comment: “wow that stereo sounds good”.  It’s usually not till after the hear a song they’re familiar with.

My cousin was here for a few days… he’s a musician… “That’s the best system I’ve ever heard.”

TNFlyfisher

« Reply #6 on: 2 Nov 2022, 08:04 pm »
Welcome Steve.  I too am a new member and just starting a new build of the NX Studios.  As far as the quality of the components and the service and support I have had from GR Research, I don't think you can go wrong with any of Danny's products.  Good Luck!

Jeff

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 3 Nov 2022, 03:27 pm »
Welcome to AC! :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #8 on: 3 Nov 2022, 04:53 pm »
Welcome!