Spatial Audio

Re: Spatial at Pacific Audio Fest
« Reply #40 on: 14 Aug 2022, 06:14 pm »
Check out review Greg Weaver's top 5 rooms at Pacific Audiofest 2022:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biPp3M2S4Uw

newzooreview

« Reply #41 on: 14 Aug 2022, 09:59 pm »
In his list of 5 best, the least expensive system that was better than the Spatial room, in his estimation, cost $114,850. The speakers in that system cost $18,000 alone, almost 3 times the price of the X4s, and the affiliated DAC/Amp were more than $30,000 each.

His top three systems cost over $500,000 each.

His comment on the LTA/Spatial room was

"This system presented with an unexpected degree of naturalness punctuated by great spatial representation—both image specificity and staging—with vivid tonality, appreciable body and bloom, and a dynamic involvement that offered up a surprisingly superb sense of scaling.

Now, essentially this system committed no egregious sins of commission and was without question the most musically engaging room showing a complete system—sources, electronics, cables, speakers, all in—for under twenty five thousand dollars."

DaveWin88

« Reply #42 on: 14 Aug 2022, 11:05 pm »
You know it's ironic that I was just telling myself last night listening to my rig that $25,000 would be what I would consider the sweet spot (I know it's a ton of money) anything beyond that is probably some pretty unreal systems.

Bingenito

« Reply #43 on: 15 Aug 2022, 03:40 pm »
The thing with the X4 is that they scale with the gear. Having come from Alta Alecs to the X4 I prefer the X4. The gear used in the Alta room at PAF was much more expensive.

I started with the X4 and gear more modestly priced, Kinki B7 monos, XP12 pre, Terminator II DAC to where I am today but the speakers remain and sound amazing.

Daryl Zero

« Reply #44 on: 15 Aug 2022, 04:41 pm »
The thing with the X4 is that they scale with the gear. Having come from Alta Alecs to the X4 I prefer the X4. The gear used in the Alta room at PAF was much more expensive.

I started with the X4 and gear more modestly priced, Kinki B7 monos, XP12 pre, Terminator II DAC to where I am today but the speakers remain and sound amazing.

Yes. As I keep improving my system, the one constant are the speakers. No thought that they have to be improved (other than figuring out how to take off the grills from the woofers). 

Bingenito

« Reply #45 on: 15 Aug 2022, 06:05 pm »
Rotate them like you are a DJ and spinning and then one slide will pop up to be lifted out. Extra credit if you make sound effects while doing it.