New Member from Los Gatos, Calif

Nathanial Garro

New Member from Los Gatos, Calif
« on: 6 Jul 2022, 11:34 pm »
Hello All,

New member with an old itch.
I've always been interested in decent audio gear since I grew up with a Fisher receiver/amp, Garrard tt and some large bookshelf, single cone speakers.
Long gone, of course. Mom decided she wanted a more modern Zenith console lump. You know...how many Mantovani and Sound of Music records can I stack at one time. Time passes.
Now, I've now got a room full of various Large Advents, KLH-5's and 17's, Snell K's and others. All in various states of disrepair.
I'm looking forward to learning how and what I can do to get these old speakers singing like new or better than.

Thanks

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: New Member from Los Gatos, Calif
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jul 2022, 12:24 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:
My two cents are dont fix what not broken and if they are vintage stuff let they alone, in original condition they worth more than refurbished even if they are damaged, unless you have original parts from that era and skills to repair.
« Last Edit: 7 Jul 2022, 01:25 am by FullRangeMan »

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jul 2022, 01:21 am »
Welcome!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 7 Jul 2022, 12:13 pm »
Welcome!

Ah fond memories, memories that can fade and fail us in time.  Modern gear is so much better.  Suggest starting out with a simple system like NAD Bluesound Node 2i streamer/DAC with a pair of Kali IN-5 active loudspeakers and a subscription to Qobuz.