ATC

Auro

ATC
« on: 14 May 2022, 11:40 pm »
Hello everyone :wave:

I've already ordered a pair of monos from Klaus, so on the way to the Odyssey family.
I'm very excited and looking forward to getting them!
It'd be great to hear about the synergy between ATC speakers and Klaus's amps. Mine is the SCM40s.
If some of you have a pair of ATCs, please let me know about your experiences!
Best
Peter

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs

Auro

Re: ATC
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2022, 11:02 pm »
Thank you, opnly bafld!

PhotonDon

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jun 2022, 12:49 am »
I had a pair of their active monitors, I think SCM20-2A. In some ways they were the best speakers I had ever heard. Dynamics, detail, resolution. All in spades.  Ultimately, for me, that was also their downfall.  I could hear so far into the mix that I found myself sitting on the edge of my seat trying to determine what else was in there. To me, with my tastes, I want the music to put me back into the seatback, even if it comes at the expense of detail and accuracy  It was those speakers that convinced me that I was more a music lover than an audiophile (although those two terms are not neccesarily  mutually exclusive). Please don't misunderstand, Im not dissing them by any means.  I later heard some SCM9s and they were wonderful. I understand they have an in-house made tweeter..  The guy I sold them to LOVES them.  We are all different (thank God).
Bottom line, they are truly amazing, and you are going to have something not many ppl have.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #4 on: 16 Jun 2022, 02:02 am »
I had a pair of their active monitors, I think SCM20-2A. In some ways they were the best speakers I had ever heard. Dynamics, detail, resolution. All in spades.  Ultimately, for me, that was also their downfall.  I could hear so far into the mix that I found myself sitting on the edge of my seat trying to determine what else was in there. To me, with my tastes, I want the music to put me back into the seatback, even if it comes at the expense of detail and accuracy  I later heard some SCM9s and they were wonderful. I understand they have an in-house made tweeter..

SCM 7v3? Never seen a 9 liter cabinet.

The new tweeter that was born mid 2014 helped a lot with the detail vs fatigue issue.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #5 on: 16 Jun 2022, 02:05 am »
I want the music to put me back into the seatback, even if it comes at the expense of detail and accuracy.  It was those speakers that convinced me that I was more a music lover than an audiophile (although those two terms are not necessarily  mutually exclusive).

A music lover that doesn't want to hear all of the detail and accuracy in music?

I'm not sure what that is (background music lover?  :scratch: ), but I'd rather just call myself an audiophile.

Yog Sothoth

« Reply #6 on: 16 Jun 2022, 02:58 am »
A music lover that doesn't want to hear all of the detail and accuracy in music?

I'm not sure what that is (background music lover?  :scratch: ), but I'd rather just call myself an audiophile.

I read it as they made him miss the forest for the trees, as it were.

Auro

« Reply #7 on: 18 Jun 2022, 11:18 am »
I had a pair of their active monitors, I think SCM20-2A. In some ways they were the best speakers I had ever heard. Dynamics, detail, resolution. All in spades.  Ultimately, for me, that was also their downfall.  I could hear so far into the mix that I found myself sitting on the edge of my seat trying to determine what else was in there. To me, with my tastes, I want the music to put me back into the seatback, even if it comes at the expense of detail and accuracy  It was those speakers that convinced me that I was more a music lover than an audiophile (although those two terms are not neccesarily  mutually exclusive). Please don't misunderstand, Im not dissing them by any means.  I later heard some SCM9s and they were wonderful. I understand they have an in-house made tweeter..  The guy I sold them to LOVES them.  We are all different (thank God).
Bottom line, they are truly amazing, and you are going to have something not many ppl have.

Thank you for your post, PhotonDon!
I have no experience with that particular model, but SCM19 v2 and SCM40 v2 sound very good to my taste. I didn't find them too analytical at all, but they're kind of "immersive" sure. I have to admit they are maybe not the highest resolution speakers though, I found them kind of well balanced to my taste.
I'm very excited about what Klaus' amps can do with them, especially in the mid and high range  :)