Celebrating Phase 1 / M4

AllanS

Celebrating Phase 1 / M4
« on: 18 Mar 2022, 04:21 am »
Phase 0.  The corner set up for the past 4 years or so, the last 2 running the Ragnarok and Salks. 

Phase 1 My lovely bride said yes - to converting 1/2 the bonus room into a listening space that a couple of now grown kids called home as high schoolers. The carpet still bears the scars where a queen size bed sat for 26 years.  The BMRs finally enjoying a bit of breathing room after 4 years stuffed into a couple of corners serving HT duty while waiting…

for the M4s to arrive.  Working from home all I have to do now is spin the chair and I’m pretty much in the zone.  The baffle centers are about 8’ center to center,  3-1/2’ from the front wall and 3’ from the side walls.  They only have about 15 hours on them but it doesn’t take long for them to start revealing what’s to come. 
Imaging is pretty good but the stage is lacking depth.  I don’t know if this lack of depth is speaker break in, the Ragnarok, the room, the source or all the above. I suspect speaker break in has a little something to do with it as the BMR were showing off a bit of depth I’ve not heard before in the piss poor place they usually reside.
Next step I think is treatments then amplification after break in.  I’m a freakin’ lucky guy.

Tarheel

Re: Celebrating Phase 1 / M4
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2022, 02:08 pm »
Very nice and yes the best (with break in) is yet to come.  I have around 150 hours on mine and they sound wonderful.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Celebrating Phase 1 / M4
« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2022, 04:05 pm »
Very nice and yes the best (with break in) is yet to come.  I have around 150 hours on mine and they sound wonderful.

Yes, out of the box, my Spatial's sounded a bit constipated and a little constricted.  They had major improvements at 50, 100 and 250 hours.