Klipsch RP-6000f build thread

DanielSmi

Re: Klipsch RP-6000f build thread
« Reply #20 on: 24 Aug 2021, 02:59 pm »
I have a question for Hobbs or Danny. What would you recommend that I do with the polyfill that came with the speaker? Does it still help in any way now that the NoRez is in? The speaker came with four 5ft pieces of polyfill lining the inside. So far I've added back 3 of the 4 pieces and placed them mostly at the bottom of the speaker because there's no NoRez on the floor of the speaker.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: 25 Aug 2021, 12:11 am »
I'd put most of it on the bottom or along the back wall and over the crossover. It wont really do much beyond that, but it can help to diffuse the back wave within the speaker a little bit.

Ill ask Danny tomorrow about including a few more feet of wire
for floor standing kits and upgrades going forward.

subsonic1050

« Reply #22 on: 25 Aug 2021, 02:03 am »
I'd put most of it on the bottom or along the back wall and over the crossover. It wont really do much beyond that, but it can help to diffuse the back wave within the speaker a little bit.

That would be awesome Hobbs (regarding the wire). Definitely make it less stressful when wiring them up.

DanielSmi

« Reply #23 on: 25 Aug 2021, 05:19 am »

thanks Hobbs. That’s how I have it now along the bottom and up the backside.

Magicman61

« Reply #24 on: 13 Dec 2021, 01:54 pm »
Finally finished this mod. I learned a lot about myself on this journey.
Many false starts and do overs. All due to my lack of experience with these things.

Observations:
Bass is definitely tighter! Can place speakers closer to the wall now. Off axis listening is much better!
No longer must the listener strain to find the sweet spot.
Far more balanced sound. Clearer, more open sound.
Not as high frequency foreword.

kyrio_s

« Reply #25 on: 5 Jan 2022, 10:01 pm »
Overkill crossover edition, if anyone was wondering if you can go further with this mod.  Sounds pretty incredible compared to original, and definitely a step up in clarity and detail from SQ in the kit.

asea5

« Reply #26 on: 23 Sep 2022, 03:06 am »

Hi everyone.. Im trying to build the board for the RF-6000F. Does this look like the right connection before i soldier?  note that the 4 wires at the top are not connected.  just 2 pairs of 2. this looks very different from the 600 video.
thanks! :popcorn:
steve

asea5

« Reply #27 on: 24 Sep 2022, 03:11 am »
Here's another RP-6000F layout if it's helpful to anyone.  This one actually shipped out it to the customer today. The small holes are for the customer to secure the internal wiring by zip tie, after connecting to the crossover leads.

ezeescrossovers.com

Hello and thanks for your layout. I tried to replicate it should be the last entry in this thread.
What i dont understand is that the board has 5 wires coming from it, not 6. so im not sure where the leads go to on the speakers.. any advice would be helpful please.
Steve

E-Zee

• Industry Participant
    • Diy speaker resources and crossover assembly services
« Reply #28 on: 24 Sep 2022, 05:01 am »
If you look closely at the photo you will see that the crossover leads are labeled.

From left to right,  top to bottom

Top row
In-, M-, T+
M+
W+
Bottom row
T-
In+

-Elon

asea5

« Reply #29 on: 24 Sep 2022, 04:23 pm »
Thanks Elon for the quick reply,
I see the labels that you put on the boards.
However im a novice.  What im trying to figure out is where the two sub speakers, tweeter wires connect to which posts? also where the input wires connect to the board?
thanks again,
Steve

E-Zee

• Industry Participant
    • Diy speaker resources and crossover assembly services
« Reply #30 on: 24 Sep 2022, 05:31 pm »
Top row, far left
Twist new internal wiring intended for input negative, mid woofer negative, and tweeter positive all together. Then twist the crossover lead onto that.   

The rest of the connection points only have one wire.  Abreviations used are
Input. :  In
Mid woofer : Mid
Lower woofer : W

Perhaps there is added confusion because the W- isn't on crossover board.  The W- goes straight to In-

Forgive my pen scratch but here's a couple quick pictures. Here is your wiring.

This one is just showing that top left input that combines 3 wires. There are multiple ways to accomplish the same. You can join all wires at crossover or you can join all wires at input terminal.  As often is the case, there are multiple correct answers.

asea5

« Reply #31 on: 28 Sep 2022, 04:00 pm »
Thank you! that was very helpful.  I got them wired up.

asea5

« Reply #32 on: 11 Oct 2022, 11:52 pm »
Thanks everyone for the help.
I did get everything done and it was a fun job. The best part is lowering that tweeter that was driving me crazy.  But there was also a downfall too. i feel like im missing music. mainly from piano and guitar solos. I have a Marantz SR 5015 powering these speakers. I also ran the Audyssey correction and it was at least better than the 4 presets at the bottom of the remote control. But all sound pretty flat with some guitar/piano/vocals in the background that i cant bring out. it is almost like i need an equalizer to bring up some of the volume. Does anyone have any ideas on what i can do? This is mainly how it sounds with music. Ive just thought of buying an old 70s receiver instead, maybe that would help. But  i thought this would have solved the problem.
Steve

OrangeAgent

« Reply #33 on: 12 Oct 2022, 01:23 pm »
If you dont use the MultiEQ app to run Audyssey, then it defaults to the midrange compensation option being on (the BBC dip). You need to go into the app and turn off midrange compensation, that alone will suck a lot of life out of the mids. I limit the correction range to about 450hz for my setup, the auto EQ works best in the modal frequency range which depends on the room but tops out around 300-500hz if memory serves me correctly. I chose a spot where the response was flat in that region, and set the limit there. As long as the crossover is well implemented, its likely that you are better off not letting Audyssey try to perfect the curve for the upper midrange and highs. It will also set your mains to large by default, so you need to go back in and make sure they are set to small and crossing at 80hz (presuming you have a sub).

You can also play with the curve, and if you want it a little hotter in some specific range, just change the audyssey curve and it will compensate accordingly. Its a pain to do on a small screen, but you have the ability to set a house curve already if desired.

Danny Richie

« Reply #34 on: 12 Oct 2022, 09:01 pm »
asea5, now you need to put about 200 hours of burn in on them. Hang on, they will go through some changes during that time.