Anyone looking for vinyl.....

NEWRIVERRAT

Anyone looking for vinyl.....
« on: 6 Jan 2020, 10:33 am »
Just a brief list of my haunts when searching for vinyl. I figure the Carolina folks are familiar with most.

Roanoke, VA-The Vintage Vault

Salem VA-Uptown Audio

Winston Salem, NC-Earshot & Underdog

Jamestown, NC-Vintage Audio Exchange

Greensboro, NC-Buffalo Boogie & Hippo

Hippo is the cream of the crop out of all the record shops I visit. Earshot is second. Vintage Audio Exchange is a GREAT place to find vintage equipment and older vinyl.

richidoo

Re: Anyone looking for vinyl.....
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jan 2020, 02:21 pm »
There are/were at least three vinyl stores in downtown Raleigh, and at least one in Durham. Sorry, can't remember the names. But...

https://www.get-offline.com/raleigh/guides/vinyl-lovers-the-best-record-shops-in-the-triangle

Don't forget the Goodwill stores. They accept vinyl record donations. They sell for $0.50 per disc at two stores near me. I've found some real gems in there.

NEWRIVERRAT

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2020, 10:37 am »
I must add King Records in Archdale to this list. Hung out there yesterday and had a blast. Jerry knows his stuff! Actually has quality over quantity. I found a SWEET used Blonde on Blonde that I needed, among others. I really need to hit Soul Relief Records in Greensboro next.

quailpark

« Reply #3 on: 23 Mar 2023, 10:27 pm »
Yes I really like Hippo too. Only been there once but left with many LPs.

In Raleigh, I like Sorry State, Pour House, The Truck Show and Cheshire Cat. I go there weekly and always leave with armfuls of beautiful vinyl.