The Sounds of Trance

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: The Sounds of Trance
« Reply #20 on: 26 Sep 2014, 10:57 am »
Another cool Trance song by Tiesto from the album Just be - Forever Today. Other note worthy songs from the album, Nyana, Walking On the Clouds, Adagio For Strings.

Hope you like it! 8)

Link:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=apSrsI646gY
Very good, a impressive 3 mins opening, middle part interesting, a shocking too long finale.
By some unknow reason this song below by D'Agostino depresses me much:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBVEQRvWEO8

Mag

« Reply #21 on: 28 Sep 2014, 02:22 am »
Very good, a impressive 3 mins opening, middle part interesting, a shocking too long finale.

I take it you don't get it, the first 3:18 doesn't really fit the Trance style.

Trance IMO is more about power sounding music, and the albums are like concept albums, where the songs fit together. Good Trance is hard to find as I don't think there's a lot out there that specifically fits the Trance style, that doesn't sound like Dance Club Mix.

Another favourite from the album Paul Van Dyk- Out There and Back, Avenue

Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtPey4jlUjk&list=PLED4F935FC54A2E97&index=5

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #22 on: 28 Sep 2014, 06:01 am »
I noted it, for it the opening are great.
These night life music styles are brutal, they subvert the sanity mental reasoning and exacerbate the animal basic instincts.
Result=tribal music to hook teens girls, as they dont care the repetitive rhythm.

JackD201

« Reply #23 on: 28 Sep 2014, 01:16 pm »
Jungle and Tribal are different genres altogether. Unlike house which traces its roots to Chicago with influences from Disco, Funk and a bit of Jazz before exploding in the UK in the infamous summer of love, Trance traces its roots to cold war East Berlin before spreading out. Warsaw Pact nations being what they were, the pads and arpeggios are actually heavily influenced by classical music. Notice the synthesized strings and woodwinds that are prevalent. The arguable epicenter of Trance today is the Netherlands, another nation that still has a strong classical music following. Funny though that THE piece of classical music that later became the most iconic and anthemic is not even of European origin but rather from an American composer, Samuel Barber, Adagio for Strings.

As a classical music fanatic, the classical connection is actually the reason I'm into Trance myself.

FireGuy

« Reply #24 on: 28 Sep 2014, 01:29 pm »

Trance IMO is more about power sounding music, and the albums are like concept albums, where the songs fit together. Good Trance is hard to find as I don't think there's a lot out there that specifically fits the Trance style, that doesn't sound like Dance Club Mix.

Another favourite from the album Paul Van Dyk- Out There and Back, Avenue

Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtPey4jlUjk&list=PLED4F935FC54A2E97&index=5

Thanks for the Paul van Dyk link...those crazy Euros can spin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN2nLY4E_so

mix4fix

• Facilitator
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #25 on: 28 Sep 2014, 01:51 pm »
Jungle

I've was in Great Britain during 94-95, and there was Drum-n-Bass everywhere: many pirate radio stations around London, record shops (live mixing in the basement section of Blackmarket Records in Soho {owned by DJ Nicki Blackmarket}), urban clothing stores, Sunday flea market selling mixtape collections from events, music videos on European MTV, BBC TV had Drum-n-Bass documentaries, BBC Radio had Essential Mixes with Drum-n-Bass, raves/club events, and even I ran across a skating rink with local people playing Drum-n-Bass instead of regular music.

That was the heyday of Drum-n-Bass but would have loved to see Andy C now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jqxAWWH1Hg

Mag

« Reply #26 on: 28 Sep 2014, 06:34 pm »
That was the heyday of Drum-n-Bass but would have loved to see Andy C now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jqxAWWH1Hg

Thanx for the link, that was intense!:  :hyper:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #27 on: 29 Sep 2014, 11:18 am »
Jungle and Tribal are different genres altogether. Unlike house which traces its roots to Chicago with influences from Disco, Funk and a bit of Jazz before exploding in the UK in the infamous summer of love, Trance traces its roots to cold war East Berlin before spreading out. Warsaw Pact nations being what they were, the pads and arpeggios are actually heavily influenced by classical music. Notice the synthesized strings and woodwinds that are prevalent. The arguable epicenter of Trance today is the Netherlands, another nation that still has a strong classical music following. Funny though that THE piece of classical music that later became the most iconic and anthemic is not even of European origin but rather from an American composer, Samuel Barber, Adagio for Strings.

As a classical music fanatic, the classical connection is actually the reason I'm into Trance myself.
I agree w/you, but I not into Trance just look afar.
I mean say tribal= the music from a tribe, a group of people(the nightclub fans);
not the tribal music style.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: 29 Sep 2014, 12:36 pm »
Funny though that THE piece of classical music that later became the most iconic and anthemic is not even of European origin but rather from an American composer, Samuel Barber, Adagio for Strings.
I like american composers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AOaCoaW2vs

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #29 on: 15 Oct 2014, 04:41 am »
What ever happened to Goa Trance?  Been quite a while since I actively listened to Trance, but back in the day I liked Goa Trance in part because it seemed among the most "pure" Trance / Electronica in the sense that it sounded fully synthetic with little root in traditional sounds - e.g unlike drum & bass.

Mag

« Reply #30 on: 22 Jul 2015, 03:23 am »
The best Trance album I have that really gets me grooving. :inlove:

Godskitchen- True Sound of a Clubbing Summer, disc 1 & 2
It has all kinds of cool sounds that I've come to expect in good Trance.

And a name for another cool sound, in addition to those listed in first post:

Electric Snake Hiss

jsjenkins168

« Reply #31 on: 18 Aug 2015, 07:37 pm »
On the topic of trance, has anyone tried Digitally Imported premium membership? I'm starting to get back into trance after a few years hiatus but noticed Digitally Imported has *significantly* raised their prices. $7 a month or $70 for the year.

Basically I'm just trying to determine if all the new channels/content are worth the expense. Advertisements/interruptions are a no-go for me (I'm easily enough distracted while working as-is), so its premium membership or nothing. Thanks!

Mag

« Reply #32 on: 10 Oct 2016, 01:00 am »
Took a chance on this album: Bass in your Face

a three cd compilation but I only like cd1 which fits the 'drum N bass' trance style, coherent and intense.

The other two cd discs sound less coherent IMO and fit the dance club mix style, if you like that kinda electronic. :smoke: 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #33 on: 10 Oct 2016, 01:20 pm »
Try this electronic music, no grass need.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M_64-a-wiE

gnostalgick

« Reply #34 on: 10 Oct 2016, 03:29 pm »
Such a good album! Haven't heard it in years, thanks.

Mag

« Reply #35 on: 27 Nov 2021, 10:10 am »
    I've become a fan of Juno Reactor, they have some good albums in my opinion. A song I really enjoy is Final Frontier from the album The Golden Sun of the Great East. Tempest is pretty good too. Maybe others might like to give it a listen?

Mag

« Reply #36 on: 23 Jan 2022, 06:07 am »
Streaming this cool song with heavy bass if you're into Trance Music. Of coarse you have to have speakers that can deliver the deep bass to appreciate it. :drool:

Mag

« Reply #37 on: 28 Jan 2022, 08:06 am »
Another cool Trance song this time by Juno Reactor- Las Vegas Future Past from the album Gods & Monsters.

Mag

« Reply #38 on: 29 Jan 2022, 06:10 pm »
Navras by Juno Reactor is my favorite track but the version I liked just disappeared from my Playlist and I haven't been able to locate that particular version.

Fortunately Navras has been released in 3 new versions which IMO are good, give 'em a listen.

This version of Navras is probably familiar to many I believe its from the movie Matrix but I could be wrong.

Mag

« Reply #39 on: 24 Feb 2023, 12:49 am »
    I knows good Trance music when I hears it. This song came up on Autoplay Amazon HD, you may like it as well.