Just received the Giant Fat Gliders. Initial thoughts.

smwick

I ordered the giant fat gliders in preparation for my new speakers, Philharmonic Audio 3's.  I have Audio by Van Alstine pre/dac and a fet valve 350 II amp.  I sold my Totem Sttaf speakers and have been using my old Yamaha TWW floor standers.  These speakers sound listenable as best.  Very shrill, no dynamics, and somewhat muddy.  I received the gliders today and thought what the hell, I'll throw them under the Yamahas for fun.  I didn't expect much really, but what happened was unexpected.  First thing I noticed was bass and a lot of it.  It was more defined, tighter and had more impact as well.  The shrill high frequencies had smoothed out and are now enjoyable.  The muddiness has pretty much disappeared. It's a much more enjoyable listening experience now, by far.  I really can't believe how these little gliders have made such an an improvement on speakers that were hard to listen to.  I am looking forward to testing them out on the new speakers when they arrive.  Thanks very much Steve for such a fantastic product.