Strata Mini Repair Question

rufrothy

Strata Mini Repair Question
« on: 3 Jun 2023, 06:21 am »
Hi,

I have a pair of strata minis that are in need of repair.  The planar midrange one stopped working and I thought the driver was dead but after bypassing the crossover and trying the driver I discovered the crossover is the problem.   Any suggestions about how to isolate the faulty component?

I would guess coils don't fail and resistors could but I would guess most likely it a Cap?

I would love to get these going again but how to isolate the failure is a bit beyond me.

Sean
Los Gatos, CA and Huntsville, UT

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: Strata Mini Repair Question
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jun 2023, 11:00 am »
If you can get to the crossover board internal to the speaker, you may have a bad solder connection to the midrange board or components.

You will probably find a picture of where the crossover board is located with a search and then can remove the correct speaker driver to access and test it. 

Glad it is not a planar problem as they are harder to find.

rufrothy

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jun 2023, 05:42 pm »
Thanks still working on disassembly and getting the cross over network out of the enclosure.  Didn't think of looking for cracked solder joints but that makes total sense.

Sean

jn316

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jun 2023, 09:21 pm »
I have a pair of stock crossovers I'd be willing to sell. I upgraded to Skiing Ninja crossovers and have no need for the old ones.
PM me if interested.
Gary