Back to the Future

arctic2

Back to the Future
« on: 4 Nov 2022, 09:10 pm »
Sent my 4BST in today for the Tier 1 upgrade. Can't wait to see how she looks and sounds when I get her back.

spinner

Re: Back to the Future
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2022, 05:23 pm »
 I have the same amp...love it. what do they :thumb: what do they do when you send it  fir upgrades..thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2022, 06:53 pm »
I have the same amp...love it. what do they :thumb: what do they do when you send it  fir upgrades..thanks

Hi - see link - https://bryston.com/refurbish/

james

arctic2

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2023, 03:58 pm »
Starting to go through withdrawal symptom's. Not sure how much longer I can stare at that empty space.

hawkeye99

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2023, 02:11 pm »
Starting to go through withdrawal symptom's. Not sure how much longer I can stare at that empty space.

You mean Bryston's has had your amp since November 4th! Yikes!!

arctic2

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2023, 03:33 pm »
I'd like to think that they are inundated with work. Which is a good thing. Hoping it is close to being done. Fingers crossed.
Let me add that James and Mike have responded to my emails very quickly which is appreciated.
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2023, 04:41 pm by arctic2 »

lanchile

« Reply #6 on: 28 Jan 2023, 07:52 pm »
Patient my grasshopper..patient!  It will be all worthy. I have tried so many brands and I can tell you Bryston is on my top list. Right now I have  the old 3B and the newest baby 2BLP-PRO . The old 3B I did an upgrade of all electrolytic caps and two resistors that were a little cooked, I used Mundorf caps for power supply and same caps that Bryston uses for the rest. The resistors I used wire wound 1% and increased wattage by 50%. An upgrade is always welcome.  I heard the 4B st and it is a monster, it sounds beautiful and of course as all Bryston it is made to last. Good choice 👍

arctic2

« Reply #7 on: 28 Jan 2023, 10:39 pm »
I've gotten more patient, the older I get, but still a kid at heart. This is more like a Christmas present yet to be opened. :)

arctic2

« Reply #8 on: 12 Feb 2023, 05:54 pm »
Well she's home about a week now.  :D Bass is already making itself known. Can't wait till I get some hours on the books. Big thanks to James and Mike. Took a while, but very happy with the results.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #9 on: 12 Feb 2023, 08:34 pm »

Hi, Arctic!

great to hear that your amp is back :thumb:...what about some pics?? :D

may the sound be with you!

al.

bunkertoy

« Reply #10 on: 12 Feb 2023, 10:56 pm »
Very exciting, good things come to those who wait. Enjoy your refurbished sounds. :D

Jozsef

« Reply #11 on: 19 Feb 2023, 06:09 am »
The difference will be shocking in the best possible way.

arctic2

« Reply #12 on: 23 Feb 2023, 11:14 pm »
 :D
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2023, 10:05 am by arctic2 »

Riverdalium

« Reply #13 on: 16 Apr 2023, 12:10 am »

The 1B is back and in fine running form. Waiting for it's 3B buddy.
Just wish the certificate that comes with BTTF included the date of manufacture.

racerxnet

« Reply #14 on: 28 Apr 2023, 06:14 pm »
Tried calling several times to send in the 7BST amps and left a message. No answer on the phone and no return call. I like Bryston's warranty and backing of their products, but the customer service is suffering. This is not the first time I have had this happen.

Just my experience.

MAK

AlZ

« Reply #15 on: 15 Dec 2023, 02:33 pm »
The "refurbish" link above no longer works, so the 'back to the future' offer is no longer? Anyways, I have an 11B that was last through Bryston back in July 2010, it has decided to give me a BUZZ in one channel after being powered down and left alone for a weekend... Would it be possible to drop it off in Peterborough on Monday 18 December, along with a 2B-LP that has no obvious faults, but wouldn't mind having it looked at "refurbished" if still on offer. I will also EMail Mike.

Thanks,
Allan A, Ottawa Centretown.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #16 on: 15 Dec 2023, 03:32 pm »
Hi yes - Back To The Future was a pilot project but we found many parts were just not available.  Peterborough is closed down and all Bryston repairs are done in Dwight factory now.

james

R. Daneel

« Reply #17 on: 16 Dec 2023, 10:25 am »
Hi yes - Back To The Future was a pilot project but we found many parts were just not available.  Peterborough is closed down and all Bryston repairs are done in Dwight factory now.

james

How far is Dwight from Peterborough?

Rocket

« Reply #18 on: 16 Dec 2023, 01:07 pm »
Hi,

Its 167 elms.

Cheers Rod

R. Daneel

« Reply #19 on: 16 Dec 2023, 07:34 pm »
Hi,

Its 167 elms.

Cheers Rod

Hey Rod!

I was just wondering, James said Peterborough is closed down. Did he mean for good or just the service department? If the factory has been closed down and everything moved to Dwight which, I imagine, isn't very near, then that's hardly good news for the employees living in Peterborough. I hope that's not the case.

Cheers,
Antun