Lampizator with Denefrips DDC?

doggie

Lampizator with Denefrips DDC?
« on: 9 Sep 2021, 01:38 pm »
Hi,

Has anyone here tried using a Denefrips Hermes or Gaia DDC with their Lampizator? How did it go?

I am considering an Amber or a TRP and wondering if it is worth keeping my Hermes, which I currently use with a Terminator 2. I am using the I2S output but can switch to AES. I also still have a Mutec 3+ USB DDC and a REF10 which I have kept while breaking in the Denefrips equipment. Keeping those is an option also but the Hermes supports more functionality.

Thanks for any input!

doggie

Re: Lampizator with Denefrips DDC?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Oct 2021, 03:18 am »
I bought a Baltic 3 and today hooked my Denefrips Hermes DDC up to it.

I love the Baltic. For the past two weeks I have run it using the USB input. To be honest The two configurations are close in sound quality but I think that the USB has the edge for me. That is pretty amazing. Lampizator has taken USB a long way.

GlennDog

« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2021, 03:10 am »
What usb cable are you using!

I’ve got WWorld Platinum 7 from Lumin U1 Mini feeding Amber 3 . . .  SQ is great

doggie

« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2021, 03:28 am »
What usb cable are you using!

I’ve got WWorld Platinum 7 from Lumin U1 Mini feeding Amber 3 . . .  SQ is great

I use a Ghent Audio cable from my NUC Roon endpoint running AudioLinux. I would love to try something better but it seems as if most premium USB cables will put me well over $500.

JackD

« Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2021, 03:47 am »
The Inakustik USB cable from Small Green Computer is under $500 and sounds great between my Aries G1 and Holo May KTE. I've been through over a half dozen USB cables and stopped looking now. 

doggie

« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2021, 02:12 am »
The Inakustik USB cable from Small Green Computer is under $500 and sounds great between my Aries G1 and Holo May KTE. I've been through over a half dozen USB cables and stopped looking now.

Thanks. I will check it out.

doggie

« Reply #6 on: 11 Dec 2021, 12:34 pm »
I eventually decided to get a Final Touch Audio USB cable from the Lampi USA distributor. I can see why it gets such good reviews from other Lampi owners. It was like upgrading to a new piece of equipment. Evidently bits are not just bits!

It was expensive relative to my past frame of reference but I would call it an end game purchase. Based upon my experience with it I also bought a pair of FTA IC's and a power cord. Same result. They have a special synergy with my Baltic.

GlennDog

« Reply #7 on: 13 Dec 2021, 03:32 pm »
I eventually decided to get a Final Touch Audio USB cable from the Lampi USA distributor. I can see why it gets such good reviews from other Lampi owners. It was like upgrading to a new piece of equipment. Evidently bits are not just bits!

Info much appreciated! I know FTA cables don’t pop up often on the used market, but I’ll keep my ear to the ground . . . Perhaps I need to gift myself for Christmas