Custom connectors- Now standard!

Pez

Custom connectors- Now standard!
« on: 29 Oct 2020, 07:24 pm »
Hapa Connector

About 4 months ago I approached my bead maker in Slovakia about a special project that I had been contemplating for a while. I have always been keen on customizing headphone cables so that every client gets a unique one of a kind piece. I have several headphone cables ready to go with custom titanium beads as well as other options that will be listed soon. That said, I didn’t want to limit my custom feel to just one-off pieces, I wanted to give every pair of portable headphone cables a unique feature. So my bead maker and I went back and forth on ideas and design concepts, it was a long time in the making, but we feel the results were well worth the effort.

This is what we came up with:

Introducing Hapa Audio’s exclusive connector.

Note the dimpled portion for easy pushing/pulling of the connector.

Following my love of design and material science, I am very excited to introduce our handmade titanium custom anodized barrels. Each barrel has both a unique coloration as well as surface grinding. We have both Gold plated Beryllium/Copper (for copper cables) and Rhodium plated Beryllium/Copper (for silver and beyond) options in everything from balanced 2.5mm to 3.5 single-ended (even 3.5 balanced!) and even 4.4mm Pentaconn. These new barrels and connectors are standard options on all of our IEMs. They will be matched based on the coloration you choose for your cable or upon special request we can work with you to get a color combo that you desire! All part of what we hope to be an awesome user experience.

Sneak peek at our new cable sporting a new geometry!

Having used the new connector myself I can say it lives up to what we set out for. Low profile, yet jewelry grade appeal and ease of use. And our connectors deliver every bit of nuance possible. What’s not to love?

Thanks for reading!  8)