Listening Fatigue

Shakeydeal

Re: Listening Fatigue
« Reply #20 on: 27 Nov 2019, 03:20 pm »
Just try to listen to Bruno Mars albums...

Why in the world would I want to do something like that...........?

Shakey

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #21 on: 27 Nov 2019, 05:04 pm »
AC distortion has been my long time frustration. I don't have it now, but I would have to wait after midnight sometimes for the fatigue to go away. Battery systems never had that problem.
Tube amps were created with battery supplies for plates (B+).
Current builders think it is obsolete.

dalton

« Reply #22 on: 13 Jul 2020, 03:04 pm »
I think there is a big difference between - I'm tired of listening - and - Listening or Listener Fatigue.

I'm tired of listening simply means - did this, now I'm done. Like I'm tired of reading a book, or I'm tired of watching TV. It is more an indication of boredom or an indication of a desire to simply do something else.

Listening or Listener Fatigue indicates a weariness or irritation with listening to music, typically brought on by distorted or unbalanced speakers , or from resonances and abnormalities in the room brought on by poor room acoustics.

I'm done with this fatigue is like boredom - time to move on.

Listening Fatigue is you reaching your limit of irritation caused by some aspect of your system.

But then ... that's just my opinion.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #23 on: 13 Jul 2020, 04:57 pm »
I still had not heard that a bad room could cause hearing fatigue but each person hears differently. What causes me hearing fatigue are the usual causes as recording with lots of compression, solid state amp with odd harmonics, hi order xover usually 3 ways and distorted speakers that are intolerable.

mick wolfe

« Reply #24 on: 13 Jul 2020, 05:45 pm »
Both my systems are on point and thoroughly enjoyable. That said and as noted by dalton, after a certain length of time, I simply have a desire to do something else. Nothing to do with fatigue as I'm quite familiar with that issue. When I see posts asking "what are you currently listening to?",  I'm usually not listening to music and tempted to say "my refrigerator". (or substitute the appliance or air conditioner of your choice)