TAD KT88 Redbase Premium or Sophia Electric Coke KT88-ST

maltby

Looking to change out the EH KT88's in my Ayon Orion.

These tubes look interesting but haven't seen much in the way of reviews, any thoughts?

mick wolfe

Re: TAD KT88 Redbase Premium or Sophia Electric Coke KT88-ST
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2024, 04:33 pm »
I just put a quad of the TAD's KT88 Red Bases in my Erhard Elvis. At this point too early to make a call, but they are showing potential in the early going. Solidly built tube BTW.
Looking to change out the EH KT88's in my Ayon Orion.

These tubes look interesting but haven't seen much in the way of reviews, any thoughts?
Truth be told, bought them because the price was right. ( Antique Electronic Supply) My favorite for years has been the Genalex Gold Lion KT88, but the prices have went up and they're harder to find needless to say. More importantly, my favorite highly trusted Genalex tube vendor retired.

maltby

« Reply #2 on: 26 Feb 2024, 07:11 pm »

Visualizing how the blue bottle might look in my amp

bajaed

« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb 2024, 03:03 am »
I'm interested in the Sophia's as well for my Rogue Cronus Magnum (soon to be Dark).

maltby

« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2024, 08:55 pm »
I'm interested in the Sophia's as well for my Rogue Cronus Magnum (soon to be Dark).

They are very interesting. Given the cost, it would be nice to have more user feedback.

maltby

« Reply #5 on: 17 Mar 2024, 05:39 pm »
Decision made. Got a deal here on a slightly used quad of the Sophia's. Initial impression is they are fun, quieter, more presence.