Bryston now has a BIT

drummermitchell

Re: Bryston now has a BIT
« Reply #40 on: 7 Oct 2010, 01:39 pm »
Nice to have the switch colour choice,James any news on the  :bowdown:,custom RM 60a Torus faceplate,Thanks.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #41 on: 7 Oct 2010, 03:00 pm »
Nice to have the switch colour choice,James any news on the  :bowdown:,custom RM 60a Torus faceplate,Thanks.

Hi Don,

No word yet but it will be expensive as they have to do an extrusion.

james

drummermitchell

« Reply #42 on: 7 Oct 2010, 03:13 pm »
Hi James,I figured with all the extra switch cavities ect. that it would be more,
                                              we have backup :thumb:.

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #43 on: 7 Oct 2010, 11:54 pm »

James

Wow - looks truly awesome  :thumb: :thumb:

Aside from the switch, the only other thing that seems out of place is the “BIT 15” model number on the front of the faceplate - it just seems to hang out there in space and look “choppy.” It really draws your attention away from the Bryston logo.

Perhaps omitting this would improve the over all aesthetics of these units. Does anyone agree  :scratch: What are your thoughts?

Be well...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #44 on: 8 Oct 2010, 12:03 am »
Wow - looks truly awesome  :thumb: :thumb:

Aside from the switch, the only other thing that seems out of place is the “BIT 15” model number on the front of the faceplate - it just seems to hang out there in space and look “choppy.” It really draws your attention away from the Bryston logo.

Perhaps omitting this would improve the over all aesthetics of these units. Does anyone agree  :scratch: What are your thoughts?

Be well...

Hi - its the special lighting we used to highlight the front panel - because in real life you can hardly see the BIT engravement.

james

BrysTony

« Reply #45 on: 8 Oct 2010, 12:47 am »
James,
Bryston will be selling these for years. They should look like the amplifiers - the switch should be where the "BIT 15" is.  Yes, it would cost some engineering time to redesign the Torus but the aesthetics would be so much more appealing to the market.  Unless it is impossible now is the time to do it.
Tony

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #46 on: 8 Oct 2010, 12:54 am »
James,
Bryston will be selling these for years. They should look like the amplifiers - the switch should be where the "BIT 15" is.  Yes, it would cost some engineering time to redesign the Torus but the aesthetics would be so much more appealing to the market.  Unless it is impossible now is the time to do it.
Tony

A most valid observation BrysTony  :thumb:

Be well...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #47 on: 8 Oct 2010, 01:46 am »
Yes it would mean a total redesign with new chassis, faceplates etc. required which would increase the price.

james

skunark

« Reply #48 on: 8 Oct 2010, 03:20 am »
Hi Folks,

The above post is correct - the switch is where it is and we did not want to add additional costs by changing the layout.  We are going to have Blue and Green switches available.

james

How about just a simple black or silver switch to match the faceplates vs white, blue or green.   

BrysTony

« Reply #49 on: 8 Oct 2010, 03:28 am »
Yes it would mean a total redesign with new chassis, faceplates etc. required which would increase the price.

james

James,
Just to play devil's advocate, I see it as much less than a total redesign.  It is a mechanical engineering problem that can be worked out fairly quickly. The costs should be all non-recurring and do not necessarily have to increase the price.  I really believe that this small change would make the BIT a more integral part of the Bryston product family which can be shown in advertising, industry shows, etc. and lead to increased sales and profits for Bryston.  I'll shut up now.
Best Regards,
Tony

1ZIP

« Reply #50 on: 8 Oct 2010, 04:04 am »
How about just a simple black or silver switch to match the faceplates vs white, blue or green.   

Now that is a good idea!!

1ZIP

« Reply #51 on: 8 Oct 2010, 04:13 am »
1ZIP,

you've got a lot of stuff so a BIT-15 would just fit...on the other hand a BDP+DAC (i assume a BDA-1 ?!?) would be more fun and therefore the better choice ?
let us know what your decision will be then...

al.

I think it's going to be a BIT15A (black with black switch..please) and some new speakers!  Then in the Spring a BDP-1 and BDA-1.   :D

The grand kids can go to a community college.

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #52 on: 8 Oct 2010, 07:03 am »
James,
Just to play devil's advocate, I see it as much less than a total redesign.  It is a mechanical engineering problem that can be worked out fairly quickly. The costs should be all non-recurring and do not necessarily have to increase the price.  I really believe that this small change would make the BIT a more integral part of the Bryston product family which can be shown in advertising, industry shows, etc. and lead to increased sales and profits for Bryston.  I'll shut up now.
Best Regards,
Tony

+1
I have always wondered why the Bryston line is not "recognizable", as in all equipment looks different. Some powerswitches are on the right, some on the left, some in the middle... If one buys a complete Bryston set it just does not look like it's all one brand. Since I only have a 4B SST2 it is not too much of a problem here, but when I still had the BDA-1 on top of it it looked too different.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #53 on: 8 Oct 2010, 10:54 am »
The large isolation transformer sits right up against the front panel at center so you would have to redesign the box and lengthen it to accommodate a center switch.

James

larevoj

« Reply #54 on: 14 Oct 2010, 01:35 pm »
Hi James,

I have a 4BSST2.

With the Isolation Transformer installed would the Soft Start kicks in faster or even instantaneous since BIT would supply high current in reserved?  :scratch:

Thanks!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #55 on: 14 Oct 2010, 03:01 pm »
Hi James,

I have a 4BSST2.

With the Isolation Transformer installed would the Soft Start kicks in faster or even instantaneous since BIT would supply high current in reserved?  :scratch:

Thanks!

No it would not affect the softstart as it is going through a routine to make sure all is right before it powers up.

james

1ZIP

« Reply #56 on: 14 Oct 2010, 07:40 pm »
James;

Can't seem to find the price anywhere but if memory serves me the price for a BIT15A/CS-15 is around $2100.00?  Also, what is the date orders for a unit would be accepted?

THX

95Dyna

« Reply #57 on: 15 Oct 2010, 03:17 am »
While we're at it, can I get a black 17" Bryston faceplate for my Esoteric CD player?  Just kidding, I love my Torus CS15 in silver just the way it is.  It blends in well with my silver Bryston amps and preamp while providing a visual break in the action.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #58 on: 15 Oct 2010, 05:32 am »
James;

Can't seem to find the price anywhere but if memory serves me the price for a BIT15A/CS-15 is around $2100.00?  Also, what is the date orders for a unit would be accepted?

THX

Hi

Yes $2000 for the Bit 15.  We are manufacturing the faceplates now so a Bit in about a month and a Torus in about a week.

james

larevoj

« Reply #59 on: 15 Oct 2010, 06:29 am »
James, which model should I go for if my set-up is as follows?

• Bryston 4BSST2
  • Bryston BP26
  • Bryston BDA1
  • Dynaudio Focus 110 -> May move on to Dynaudio Confidence C1 in near future

The wall supply is a type 'G' BS1363 standard with power rating of 13A 230-240VAC. Which model would be sufficient and which would give the best performance?

Thanks!  :)