Houston Audio Society - October 18th Meeting

FredT300B

• Facilitator
Houston Audio Society - October 18th Meeting
« on: 26 Sep 2014, 11:27 am »
The next meeting is at my house on Saturday, October 18th, starting at 2:00 PM. Our presenter is John Busch of Manzanita Audio Solutions. John will be demonstrating his passive open baffle speakers with a KT-88 tube amp.

FredT300B

• Facilitator

jimdgoulding

Re: Houston Audio Society - October 18th Meeting
« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2014, 01:05 pm »
Looks very interesting, Fred.  See you.

Fred, I can't hook up to HAS online.  Is it down for a reason or am I banned for a reason?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2014, 03:07 pm by jimdgoulding »

FredT300B

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2014, 09:55 pm »
Fred, I can't hook up to HAS online.  Is it down for a reason or am I banned for a reason?  Thanks.

Jim, the nice people at Yahoo changed something a few weeks ago and my saved link stopped working too. Click on the link in my post above.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #4 on: 15 Oct 2014, 05:17 pm »
Thanks for the follow up, Fred.  That link works.  Cheers.  Should a fellow bring a couple tunes for Maestro Busch to spin?  A CD or a record or two, or no?

FredT300B

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 17 Oct 2014, 10:23 pm »
Thanks for the follow up, Fred.  That link works.  Cheers.  Should a fellow bring a couple tunes for Maestro Busch to spin?  A CD or a record or two, or no?

We'll be using an Oppo player, so bring CD's, SACD's, etc. Any 4" polycarbonate disk will work.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #6 on: 18 Oct 2014, 01:35 am »
Thanks, Fred, I'm bringing a disc apiece from 2 female singers- Shirley Horn and Gail Pettis.  The former is well known amongst jazz vocal enthusiasts and the latter is a new and very young miss from Seattle on a Seattle based label.  Both are fine recordings of the art.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #7 on: 20 Oct 2014, 01:51 pm »
Fred, those speakers I heard on your upstairs landing . . please tell me the make and model (again).  And, were you kidding about the cable?  Tell me where to get the material, what it is and the jacks and how to weave a set if you weren't. 

All, the speakers I am referring to are very articulate in their sound and imaging.  Hopefully, Fred will see this post and tell us the make and model.  They could go deeper to my ears but not at the expense of a loss in linearity.  They rolled off very smoothly rather than try for too much and they would fit in my room like a glove.  Fred was running them with a Krell IA.  Nice, nice, and very nice.

Those open back speakers featured by Maestro Busch were notably good on the big band recordings he played.  Nice guy, too.

Thanks for a good meet as usual.  You da man!
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2014, 08:11 pm by jimdgoulding »

jimdgoulding

« Reply #8 on: 20 Oct 2014, 08:09 pm »
Bump for above

STEPH9985

« Reply #9 on: 27 Dec 2019, 11:03 pm »
Is there a HOUSTON Audiophile Society any longer? Trying to find out how to get in touch.

FredT300B

• Facilitator
« Reply #10 on: 28 Dec 2019, 06:03 pm »
Is there a HOUSTON Audiophile Society any longer? Trying to find out how to get in touch.

Meeting info is still posted here while they search for a new site. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/houstonaudio/info?_guc_consent_skip=1577556013