New to Audio Circle long time PSA forum member

Dr Pain

New to Audio Circle long time PSA forum member
« on: 4 Apr 2021, 04:34 pm »
Running: PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp, DS DAC, PW Transport, Stellar Phono, Technics SL-1500C, P15, P10, and P5 power conditioners, all Iconoclasts cabling, alternating Benchmark & Odyssey Stratos Monoblock amplification, 2 pairs of fully restored KLH Nine speakers, stereo REL G2 subwoofers, with dedicated 20amp wiring, in acoustically treated, dedicated 15 X 35 foot audio room, approximate nearfield listening.       

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: New to Audio Circle long time PSA forum member
« Reply #1 on: 5 Apr 2021, 08:23 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:
Nice platforms what wood they are ?

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 5 Apr 2021, 03:48 pm »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 7 Apr 2021, 10:09 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Dr Pain   :thumb:

Craig B

« Reply #4 on: 8 Apr 2021, 11:06 am »
Welcome, Dr. Pain.

I had some minor surgery many years ago, and the anesthesiologist was a Dr. Payne. And the surgeon was a Dr. Hackett. No kidding.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 8 Apr 2021, 11:38 am »
Very nice.

A friend has two pairs of original KLH Model 9's fully working.  He has talked about getting them restored.

Dr Pain

« Reply #6 on: 25 Apr 2021, 01:17 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:
Nice platforms what wood they are ?

Thanks, they are IKEA "Amp Stands", but don't tell Ikea. They are actually their Chopping Boards glued together and cut to custom size. I do not recall exactly but it may be their Skogsta cutting board.

I also use IKEA Kallax Shelving Units for Vinyl storage only I added 4" tall legs, the legs I took from another IKEA unit possibly the EKET. The legs are adjustable which is great so I can balance them to keep them from rocking. I cut a 4 shelf unit down to 2 shelves to sandwich between by audio racks for smaller additional record storage space.                 

Dr Pain

« Reply #7 on: 25 Apr 2021, 01:23 am »
Very nice.

A friend has two pairs of original KLH Model 9's fully working.  He has talked about getting them restored.

David Janszen and staff did a great job. They cost a little over $6000 a pair to restore, but friends who heard them before and after can testify it was worth it. Fortunately I live within driving distance of Janszen so I saved a ton on shipping. I certainly could have purchased new electrostatic speakers. I won't mention names, but I do not like their sound as much as I do the KLH's, and besides I wanted to own a working piece of audiophile history.       

Dr Pain

« Reply #8 on: 25 Apr 2021, 01:52 am »
The white diffusors are actually decorative plastic "ART 3D Wall Panels" purchased from Amazon. I constructed them to be free standing so I can reposition them as needed. The ART Panels are inexpensive and works better than a flat reflective surface, an absorptive surface, or the more expensive panels either wood, plastic or foam built specifically for audio purposes.           

Jack the cat

• At the gates of delirium
« Reply #9 on: 25 Apr 2021, 02:10 am »
The white diffusors are actually decorative plastic "ART 3D Wall Panels" purchased from Amazon. I constructed them to be free standing so I can reposition them as needed. The ART Panels are inexpensive and works better than a flat reflective surface, an absorptive surface, or the more expensive panels either wood, plastic or foam built specifically for audio purposes.         

Many thanks for the pointer to these panels, am considering incorporating them into a listening room (I have a couple of configurations in mind).....

Oh, btw - welcome!