New V3 users chime in

eeh

Re: New V3 users chime in
« Reply #40 on: 23 Nov 2009, 02:34 am »
But is it safe to leave the amp on with the pre-amp turned off? (I have a tube pre-amp).

Thanks,
E.

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
« Reply #41 on: 23 Nov 2009, 04:14 am »
E i use a tubed pre amp also. Its not a problem to leave your Nuforce amps turned on. 4 years now and 3 upgrades later i m still leaving my Ref 9s on. Have a good one.
Mike

worldcat

« Reply #42 on: 23 Nov 2009, 05:00 am »
I think a key in Nuforce amps for better sound is keeping them on, never cut them off!!

GBB

« Reply #43 on: 23 Nov 2009, 05:07 am »
I just had my Ref 8 mono blocks upgraded to V3.  For a very reasonable price, Nuforce upgraded both the power supply and the amp boards.  I got them back last Monday and have been breaking them in ever since.  They're obviously a big step up from my gen 1 amps.  I wondered if the upgrade would make them less sensitive to the quality of the power but the V3 amps still respond well to power conditioning.  I use an Audience power conditioner followed by a large isolation transformer.  That combination makes the amps really sing.
I'm curious to hear what other people use in terms of power cords or power conditioning.

With regard to leaving the amps on all the time, I agree that's a good idea.  If you're using a tube preamp, it's advisable to turn the amps off briefly when you power down the preamp and when you power it up since there can be some nasty transients from the preamp during power on/off.

---Gary

beachbum

« Reply #44 on: 23 Nov 2009, 10:28 pm »
GBB i agree that using wall power only does not give all that these super fine amps can deliver. I ve used a dedicated line, BPT 2, Brick Wall, and now i m using a PurePower 2000 regenerator and this is hands down a step up compared to the others. I ve used Lessloss, PS Audio, stock, and now its Black Sand Violets for PCs.
I dont have any problems turning off my tubed Pre Amp with my Ref 9s on. If you mention it there must be others that do. Have a good one.
Mike

Welborne

• I love open baffle with 100db sensitivity!
« Reply #45 on: 24 Nov 2009, 09:11 am »
okay, now I have put my ia-7 v3 at work for continous 24 hours a day for the next 3 days. I feed it with some nice Nat King Cole at low volume. Let's see.

:green: :green:

I found this on google

http://partner.nuforce.com/wp-content/uploads/manual/Nuforce%20V2%20and%20V3%20board%20upgrade%20-%2010-26-09.pdf

looks like some v3 installation guideline or something like that.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #46 on: 24 Nov 2009, 12:03 pm »
I just had my Ref 8 mono blocks upgraded to V3.

:thumb:  After 4 years we can still upgrade a discontinued product to the latest and greatest technology.  No other high-end company can beat that.   :lol:

Kenobi

« Reply #47 on: 24 Nov 2009, 03:28 pm »
Hi all,

Here's an initial impression of the Ref 9V3SE from Mike Siverton:

http://www.stereotimes.com/comRN112009.shtml

A follow-up will soon follow.

Enjoy,

Kenobi

mcullinan

« Reply #48 on: 25 Nov 2009, 02:36 am »
Just received my 9SEv3s after being upgraded... Sound is good right out of the box.  Initial impressions are a more cohesive soundscape top to bottom. Taller, wider and deeper soundstage. CAnt wait until they really break in and I will give a review.
Mike

fischio

« Reply #49 on: 1 Dec 2009, 01:52 pm »
Question: I have upgraded from Ref 8 to ref 8 V3 In Italy (Mad for Music), what's the new RMS Power of the amplifier?

Thank you,
Franco

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #50 on: 1 Dec 2009, 06:33 pm »
Question: I have upgraded from Ref 8 to ref 8 V3 In Italy (Mad for Music), what's the new RMS Power of the amplifier?

Thank you,
Franco
The RMS power will be around 160W at 8 ohm, 200W at 4 ohm (since the Re8 V3 power supply is limited to 200W).

beachbum

« Reply #51 on: 2 Dec 2009, 11:55 pm »
Just a quick post after 130 hrs things are getting very very good. Ultra solid bass the kind that you feel, low and deep and detailed. My concern so far the mid range has softened up and is delivering very real sounding voice and instruments. The upper spectrum has what i notice the most sibilance is so much better along with air and a real holographic presentation. The super quiet background along with a stage that is deep and with a good vinyl lp extends well past the outsides of my speakers, i have a wall of sound. At this point i could not be any happier with what i m hearing and i believe things will get better as the 200 hr mark approaches.  :thumb:
 Mike

mcullinan

« Reply #52 on: 3 Dec 2009, 12:57 am »
I would agree/add that the V3s have vastly improved sound staging. Deep & wide with detail and texture in the mids that reach out and touch you. Lower mids and bass detail is also better. More defined, taught with more punch. Also there is a nice coherence from top to bottom. Havent noticed much difference with the highs... they are still breaking in. Probably 65 hours on them now. Nice!
Mike

Welborne

« Reply #53 on: 3 Dec 2009, 03:32 am »
hi all,

does the high end spectrum improve with more air and micro-details over the burn in period? At this stage (70 hours mark), it still sounds much more mellow than the v2, it could just be my system's sound.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #54 on: 3 Dec 2009, 08:17 am »
I think you're the one who is using active crossover with another non nuforce amp driving the bass. Try changing your system to compare.  Just for the sake of comparison, use your IA-7V3 to drive the bass too.

Welborne

« Reply #55 on: 3 Dec 2009, 08:42 am »
hi jason,

thanks for the tips, i will try but hard when i only have one Nuforce ( :P ), i wish i own more than one set of Nuforce. I will explore with a better power cord and give it more burn in. I listened to it last night and when I finished, i left the amp on playing christmas baroque on repeat mode. let it run in for another 50 hours to reach the 110 hours mark and see how things go.

Nuforce is the only amp that will make me give up tubes...I am selling all my NOS tubes to friends...:0

beachbum

« Reply #56 on: 4 Dec 2009, 12:12 am »
Welborne in my case with 125 hrs going by things started opening up and have continued since like i mentioned with the addition of Caseys cables i m dealing with two things that are contributing to what i m hearing. You mention micro detail yes and you betcha. Air, holographic presentation and as my wife likes to say how do you get surround sound from 2 speakers. The best improvement to my ears for now is the timber of voice and instruments. Enjoy the ride and keep us posted.
Mike

Welborne

« Reply #57 on: 4 Dec 2009, 05:06 am »
yeah, no problem. I listened to it last night and it seems it has opened up a bit , i am not sure, it may be subtle at this stage. So when I left the room, I put in the XLO burn in disc and repeat the "burn in track" in my cdp for another 48 hours, let's see.

Thanks for the advice. I have been googling about break in lately, and i was amazed that some highend gears such as Dartzeel and ASR Emitter even suggest break in time of at least 200 hours....I have not used SS amps for so many years as I have been living with NOS triode, SE DHT etc for the last decade. A bit lacking in patience on my part..  :green:

beachbum

« Reply #58 on: 4 Dec 2009, 01:12 pm »
Hey you know what they say Good Things Come to Those That Wait. And from what i m hearing it will be will worth the wait. Have a good one and enjoy the music
Mike

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #59 on: 5 Dec 2009, 07:08 am »
http://www.avguide.com/blog/first-listen-nuforce-reference-9-v3-special-edition-monoblock-amplifiers

Chris Martens blog talked about his initial impression with the V3s.