Furniture for vinyl storage

Formerviggenowner

Furniture for vinyl storage
« on: 29 Feb 2024, 02:21 pm »
Any recommendations for modular storage for vinyl. 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Furniture for vinyl storage
« Reply #1 on: 29 Feb 2024, 04:02 pm »
Any recommendations for modular storage for vinyl.
Welcome to AC  :thumb:
I will move this topic to the Vinyl Circle.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #2 on: 1 Mar 2024, 12:35 am »
I think that IKEA might still have a storage rack that works for records? Not sure.

Here's a link to record storage at Mapleshade.

https://www.mapleshadestore.com/modularfurniture.php

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 1 Mar 2024, 01:52 am »
Ikea Kallax

ketchup

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #5 on: 1 Mar 2024, 12:44 pm »
Ikea Kallax

That's the new model, I have the older one that looks the same, can't remember the name.  Works great, I'd advise a little reinforcement in the back, I've seen some pics of collapses.  And a few 1x2s gives a backing for the lps.

ketchup

« Reply #6 on: 1 Mar 2024, 03:15 pm »
That's the new model, I have the older one that looks the same, can't remember the name.  Works great, I'd advise a little reinforcement in the back, I've seen some pics of collapses.  And a few 1x2s gives a backing for the lps.

The old one is the Expedit.  I have two 4x2 Expedits that I glued together with construction adhesive when I assembled them knowing that they're a little flimsy.  I then leveled them with shims under the corners and they're as solid as a rock when packed totally full of LPs.

stylerb

« Reply #8 on: Today at 07:40 pm »
the Ikea are pretty popular but as stated previously they aren't super strong. i have a one cube kallax and it seems fairly sturdy, my guess is when people buy they big ones and fill them up its too much weight.

search etsy for "record storage" lots of cool options including being able to customize to your needs/aesthetics. i have bought several pieces of furniture thru various etsy sellers and never been let down.