Spatial Audio - New X Class Product Announcement

Wind Chaser

Re: Spatial Audio - New X Class Product Announcement
« Reply #180 on: 1 Sep 2019, 02:53 pm »
How far back is the listening position, or to be more specific, how far are your ears from the speakers?

Personally, I like having more distance between the speakers than distance to the ears because this creates a bigger/wider soundstage and increases your proximity to it. A resolving system that produces a wide soundstage combined with three dimensional holographic localization of specific images is more satisfying and surreal than live music.  :thumb:

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #181 on: 1 Sep 2019, 05:38 pm »
Current chair position places ears 9 feet from the tweeters, or AMT drivers.  I'm going to spread the speakers farther apart by 9 inches so there will be 9 feet  between them center to center.  That will put the left speaker 27.5 inches from the side wall, enough space to walk through, and since it's usually just me entering the room, shouldn't a problem.  Then I'll experiment with moving the chair closer.

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #182 on: 4 Sep 2019, 09:07 pm »
Shakey - thanks for mentioning the distance between the speakers, I've now got them almost 9' apart (pretty sure this is where my previous Spatials were)  and the soundstage is even more expansive with no loss to the solidity of the images in space.  I meant to end up with 9' center to center, but with adjusting toe in came up a little short.  So I'm going to spread them more to get 9' which is probably as wide as I can go in my room.  It takes some time using my method that I picked up from Jim Smith's book Get Better Sound. 

The X3s sound really really good!  Wide, deep holographic soundstage, excellent midrange presence, very detailed without sounding fatiguing, and the bass is the best I've ever had.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #183 on: 5 Sep 2019, 11:12 am »
The X-3 may just be the best speaker to have ever landed in my room. And that list is long. VERY long. Some that most of you know include Von Schweikert, Wilson, Green Mountain Audio, Magnepan, Piega, and Montana, just to name a few.

Very holographic and 3D. And although they present details that have heretofore gone unnoticed, they do it in the most natural way I have ever heard.

Unlike many of you new X series owners, I was a Spatial virgin. Never even heard a pair. Boy am I glad I took the chance.

Shakey

rockadanny

« Reply #184 on: 5 Sep 2019, 11:55 am »
Congrats Shakey!  You are a lucky dog.  :thumb:

jazzman463

« Reply #185 on: 5 Sep 2019, 12:26 pm »
Wow, so you have been enjoying you listening sessions. That is quite a proclamation. For my smallish room , Green Mountain was on my short list . Also a Spatial virgin I was sold on Claytons design after living with a pair of Emerald Physics CS 3's. I almost pulled the trigger on a pair of Green Mountain monitors but held off thinking I was going to get a pair of used Spatials with everyone moving on to the M's and X's. After a conversation with Clayton I decided to go with the M's. Unlike you young bucks, this is my last "new " speaker, at 65 I am starting to hear details I have never herd before, unfortunately they continue when I lift the stylus off the record ! 

Shakeydeal

« Reply #186 on: 5 Sep 2019, 12:42 pm »
Not to hijack the thread, but I owned three of Roy's (RIP) speakers. The Imago, the Callisto, and the Continuum 3 HR. All were great. But none could do what I hear the X-3 pull off.

Shakey

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #187 on: 5 Sep 2019, 06:55 pm »
  Hey Clayton an X Class needs to be on the East Coast to hear.  NYC to be clear I have lots of Amps to demo the with.  :green: :P 8)

charles

Spatial Audio

« Reply #188 on: 5 Sep 2019, 07:30 pm »
  Hey Clayton an X Class needs to be on the East Coast to hear.  NYC to be clear I have lots of Amps to demo the with.  :green: :P 8)

charles

Hi Charles - great idea. Let's discuss next week.

Clayton

Shakeydeal

« Reply #189 on: 5 Sep 2019, 09:11 pm »
I'm on the east coast and happy to demo to any forum members.

Shakey

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #190 on: 6 Sep 2019, 05:58 pm »
Hi Charles - great idea. Let's discuss next week.

Clayton

Have a great show. Talk to you next week. Shakeydeal where are you located ?

charles

Shakeydeal

« Reply #191 on: 6 Sep 2019, 06:26 pm »
I'm in Virginia. Quite a ways from you I'm afraid.

Dana

« Reply #192 on: 29 Sep 2019, 02:18 pm »
It has been a few weeks since anyone who has recently received new X5s and X3s has commented.  Does any else have pictures and/or comments on how they sound?  I ask because I am about to order a pair of X5s, and would appreciate hearing further from those who have already commented or from purchasers who have not commented yet. How is the coherency, linearity, transparency, bass oomph/impact, etc.?   Plus, I would love to see labeled pictures of the black and walnut colors.  Thanks!

bbybaudio

« Reply #193 on: 30 Sep 2019, 06:18 pm »
I have between 110-115 hrs on the X5s. Dynamics are wonderful. Top to bottom coherency great. Sound stage left to right is very good. Imaging front to back of performers is spooky good on great recordings. As noted before, best bass I have heard in that I can detect the difference in upright bass notes top to bottom. The speakers sound great with the Primaluna Dialogue HP Premium Integrated running KT150s. I just hooked up a Rega Brio, older model, and it also sounds great, but with clear limitations in the bass, overall dynamics and in sound staging compared to Prumaluna. Overall best speakers I have had in my system.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #194 on: 30 Sep 2019, 09:42 pm »
I’ve had my X3s for about five weeks now and I’m extremely pleased. They are very transparent and 3 dimensional. They aren’t quite as dynamic as horns, but very close. The bass is very room filling, accurate and deep. These speakers compare favorably to many other speakers I have owned, some retailing for a lot more $$. Here are a few pics.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #195 on: 30 Sep 2019, 10:38 pm »
Thanks for the pictures.  I have a pair of black X5s on order.  Looks like you have one of Carver's new 75 watt amps.  How well do you think that mates with your X3s?

Shakeydeal

« Reply #196 on: 30 Sep 2019, 10:49 pm »
It’s a much better match than my decware Torii II was. It’s got balls for days and a very open and dynamic sound. I would still like to hear these with a good powerful SS amp sometime.

Dana

« Reply #197 on: 1 Oct 2019, 03:11 am »
bbybaudio and Shakeydeal:  Thanks for further feedback on your speakers, and for some pictures.  Much appreciated.
I ordered a pair of X5s today.  Clayton says they're about four weeks out.  I can't wait!   8)

sumoking

« Reply #198 on: 1 Oct 2019, 04:25 am »
Review has been posted.
Hope you enjoy!
https://youtu.be/R9VeZOdatao

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #199 on: 1 Oct 2019, 01:33 pm »
Review has been posted.
Hope you enjoy!
https://youtu.be/R9VeZOdatao

Wow, that was a refreshing review. Thanks!

Listening on my desktop setup with Omega speakers and sub I really get the feeling of being in your room. Sounds incredible and can see why so many are now praising these speakers. Well done!