Lood for audition in Southern California

mziegler

Lood for audition in Southern California
« on: 2 Apr 2009, 06:32 pm »
I have wanted to hear the Sapphire XL for years. Anyone in the area willing to give an audio fool a listen?

I have Ascend Sierras, and would be happy to bring them.

Mike Dzurko

Re: Lood for audition in Southern California
« Reply #1 on: 7 Apr 2009, 03:05 pm »
I'm sorry no one has yet made the offer. I think most folks stop by occasionally, or when they have a question. Totally understandable. If I were you, I'd just keep bumping this up every once in a while so that when someone from your area does drop by, they'll see it.

Of course we do have the money back guarantee, so all it would cost you is return shipping in the unlikely event they didn't blow you away  :D

ajayrav

« Reply #2 on: 7 Apr 2009, 03:50 pm »
Well, if you make the trek up North to the Bay Area, I'd be more than willing to give you a demo.  I have the Sapphire XLs and the XLC.

Sean Fowler, of Sonicflare, recently listed the Sapphire XLs as one of two pieces of electronic equipment he has reviewed, that he has continued to think about long AFTER the review.  High praise indeed!  You owe it to yourself to hear 'em...

Ajay

CSI

« Reply #3 on: 7 Apr 2009, 05:20 pm »

I have never done this before but if you're are willing to drive down to North San Diego County (about 150 miles south of LA) you can listen to them at my place. I'm not going to tear my system apart for an A/B comparison and I must warn you that I listen in a very small room that doubles as a home office and that has more sonic problems than your average broom closet. In spite of this, the Sapphire's sound amazing to my ears and that is in comparison to an uncountable number of speakers I've owned in over 40 years in this hobby. BYO CD's and we'll rip them into my server (no CDP in house).

Or you can just order a pair from Mike (check with him about his return policy) and hear them in your own environment. If you don't fall in love with them you might be the very first.

griller

« Reply #4 on: 9 Apr 2009, 11:49 pm »
Well Mziegler I hope you take CSI up on this,, you won't be disappointed. Then get back in here and tell us what you heard!

eaglerider94

« Reply #5 on: 11 Apr 2009, 05:31 pm »
How about anyone in the So Cal (Claremont area) with a late model Titan XL who wouldn't mind auditioning. I'd love to listen to  one. Can't hurt to ask, right?  :D