Odyssey amp upgrade recommendations....

Arcticdeth

Re: Odyssey amp upgrade recommendations....
« Reply #20 on: 21 Mar 2016, 07:23 pm »
"When I had the crossovers redone with mega high quality coils, capacitors, etc etc, they lost a couple DB of spl 1w.  So I need a little more oomph to drive em more. They are not stock d-9's, they are amazing d-9's. "

Well this was one of my suggestions I was going to make, but the post was long enough!

Sounds good as you already did it...

By the way I only suggested these due to real world applications these amps could work better with certain types of speakers. However, I have owned and had several myself.

None of them beat the BEL 1001 Mk V amps  :thumb: Good luck finding a pair. This is just the base version much older though...

http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649224050-brown-electronic-labs-bel-1001-power-amp/

Thank you, I appreciate the help, and words, I am ALWAYS up for taking considerations. Thank you

R

Arcticdeth

« Reply #21 on: 21 Mar 2016, 08:23 pm »
I'm getting the kismet extreme hybrid ones then!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so friggin excited about this, this will I'm sure be many months until I actually get a product, it will seem like eternity until I get them.   my mind is made up.   I'm so looking forward to this. Not to make life speed u p, but April, is the handoff to Klaus, and it can not get here fast enough!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your comments, and time, I will report back explosively, as soon as I get them plugged in and powered up!!!!   Best wishes and cheers to everyone on this board. 

Arcticdeth

« Reply #22 on: 21 Mar 2016, 09:48 pm »
Last post, 

Finally, getting world class power amplifiers!  So excited, can't keep this inside, scream and tell the world!

So happy.  Thank you Klaus!

Wizard454

« Reply #23 on: 2 Apr 2016, 11:20 pm »
I had Klaus take my Stratos Extreme Plus Mono's and replace the guts with the Kismet guts about a year or so ago. On top the standard Kismet Mono setup I had him put in all the possible upgrades to those he could throw at them. As much as I liked the Mono Extreme's The Kismet upgrade into the Stratos cases is the way to go, you have made the RIGHT choice. They will sound good straight out of box but as time passes and it takes a far while they get better and better. I now run a Sonic Frontiers Line 2 SE+ pre-amp with these amps into PMC PB1i speakers. The result is fabulous, highly entertaining, detailed & controlled. But with all things audio mating the right components is key. BUT any sound issue will not be due to the amplifiers.

Arcticdeth

« Reply #24 on: 15 Jul 2017, 08:14 pm »
Still have not had the opportunity to get these purchased.
I have the stratos (15+ yr old models with short black caps) and a tiny power supply.
They have since been on the bench due to my used sunfire sig I found at a rock bottom price with some scratches etc.

I spoke with Klaus a few weeks ago, but he is so slammed/busy, I will Have to wait a while before sending the older stratos in for the kismet upgrade.  To fan the flame, each time I get the proper amount of money, something comes up, tax, bills, life , etc etc. it is hard to actually get this done for both of us.

Rest assured, soon, I will just call Klaus and drive to Indy with a bottle of wine and the amps.
Maybe I'll bring some Uli Jon Roth, frank Marino, Gary Moore CDs with me to have. Listen.
  I do hope to get this done soon......... those old stratos do sound good after a couple weeks of idol.
 But am sure the kismet upgrade I will get (extreme hybrid off the table due to $$) will be well worth the cost.

uncola

« Reply #25 on: 22 Jul 2017, 04:24 pm »
nice to see you didn't waver and are still getting the kismet amp.  You will love it

Arcticdeth

« Reply #26 on: 17 Oct 2019, 06:08 am »
My upgrade is compete, Klaus says they are superb and amazing.
  I’m eagerly looking forward to them, powering my speakers, and blowing the doors off of my brothers system.

Will report back after break in, and war between the amps.
I have some great amps from Klaus.
I’m not sure exactly what I have but if he says their amazing, I’m sure he is right.

Finally, after what........10-13 years of wanting, posting, selling great egar' I had the money! And Klaus has come through.
 I have some killer amps , just waiting for me to pick em up.

HAPPY' STOKED, FINLALY, SYMPHONIC LINE QUALITY AMPS ARE MONE!
 REPORT TO FOLLOW IN THE NEXT YEAR.

Whoooooo hoooooooo

Odyssey monos are finally mine!

The road has been too long, but it’s finally ended, and I’m waiting to pick em up.

Mine, all mine,!”

simon wagstaff

« Reply #27 on: 19 Nov 2019, 12:39 am »
Took two years???

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #28 on: 20 Nov 2019, 10:10 am »
Yup..actually more...Rusty and I are talking about his amps for forever...........