spatial / anti-cables synergy?

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
spatial / anti-cables synergy?
« on: 8 Jan 2021, 06:00 pm »
did a search for anti-cables on this sub, and was surprised to not find much, given a general association of the brands from audio show demos etc..   if anyone cares to share the results of their comparison of anti-cables with other speaker cables on spatials, please post them.

thanks!

jjss49

Re: spatial / anti-cables synergy?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2021, 07:53 pm »
spatials work well w many speaker cable brands and types

different generation spatial speakers have different tonal balance... so need to pair with cables with synergistic characteristics

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2021, 10:14 pm »
did a search for anti-cables on this sub, and was surprised to not find much, given a general association of the brands from audio show demos etc..   if anyone cares to share the results of their comparison of anti-cables with other speaker cables on spatials, please post them.

thanks!
Congrats musicdre You will love your M3’s as I do.
I initially tried the Anticables 3.1s for my SPL Director/Performer Combo which is a SS 285 watts into the 4 ohm Spatials. I did not care for them they were just too harsh on the top end and not very dynamic overall. I would imagine they might work with tube gear but IMO the SS makes these speakers sing  :D I still have my Anticables and listed them for sale here. They may work well with your tube gear. You’re welcome to borrow them if you want as they’re just sitting around.

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
« Reply #3 on: 9 Jan 2021, 01:41 pm »

I initially tried the Anticables 3.1s for my SPL Director/Performer Combo which is a SS 285 watts into the 4 ohm Spatials. I did not care for them they were just too harsh on the top end and not very dynamic overall. I would imagine they might work with tube gear but IMO the SS makes these speakers sing  :D

thanks for the input and offer.  what spkr cables have you found work best with your spatials?

bbybaudio

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jan 2021, 03:47 pm »
My tube system used all Audience AU24 SE cables with Anticable Ref 3 power cords. When I spoke with Clayton he acknowledged that the Audience cables were great neutral cables that would work well with the X5s and they did. I took a leap of faith based on the use of anticables with Spatials at all the shows. I purchased the 6.2 interconnects and level 5 speaker cables. I already had the 3.1 USB digital cable and a level 3.3 XLR digital interconnect. Purchased all cables with the 150 hr burn-in at anticable. I am very happy with this system. To me, better details and more holographic than the Audience cables. Voices are natural and brass and woodwinds have natural timbres and bass is excellent.

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #5 on: 9 Jan 2021, 07:41 pm »
thanks for the input and offer.  what spkr cables have you found work best with your spatials?
I tried a few already but presently I’m using the SR Atmosphere Level 1’s.
As others may post it may be very much room and system dependent as to what you settle on. For me I’m happy right now but might explore something else in the future.
Currently looking at a power conditioner to hear what difference that would make.
Happy Listening with your M3’s  :D

Jprod

« Reply #6 on: 9 Jan 2021, 10:03 pm »
I’m using the audio envy sp9s with my x5s. I had anticables before and didn’t care for them. These are excellent and  tick all of the boxes for me.  Well balanced across all frequencies, revealing, open and airy and excellent price point.  Plus excellent customer service.
I’m slowly replacing all my cables with them.

jjss49

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jan 2021, 05:07 am »
i agree that with the current m3 sapphire most would be looking for a warmer cable to manage the high frequency output

Shredder

« Reply #8 on: 12 Jan 2021, 09:03 pm »
This is all system dependent. I have had every level of Anti-cables ic and speaker cables over the years with both SS and Tube amplifiers. Obviously, I like them quite a bit. I have never found them to be bright. As you go up the ladder, they get warmer. I just recently got level 5 speaker cables for my Spatial Lumina L2s with an Ayre SS amp and Lampi tube dac. Definitely warmer than the level 3.1s they replaced. Not bright at all (and I am sensitive to bright).

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jan 2021, 02:27 am »
I have had every level of Anti-cables ic and speaker cables over the years with both SS and Tube amplifiers. Obviously, I like them quite a bit. I have never found them to be bright. As you go up the ladder, they get warmer. I just recently got level 5 speaker cables for my Spatial Lumina L2s with an Ayre SS amp and Lampi tube dac. Definitely warmer than the level 3.1s they replaced. Not bright at all (and I am sensitive to bright).

thanks for this post.  i too am sensitive to bright and will give up detail to avoid brightness.  did you find anti-cables a better match than other cables?  or simply were satisfied and stayed with the brand?

ps the terms warm and cold confuse me a bit.  in my mind, warm is bright and cool is dark.  sounds like you think of it the other way around.

jjss49

« Reply #10 on: 13 Jan 2021, 04:47 am »
thanks for this post.  i too am sensitive to bright and will give up detail to avoid brightness.  did you find anti-cables a better match than other cables?  or simply were satisfied and stayed with the brand?

ps the terms warm and cold confuse me a bit.  in my mind, warm is bright and cool is dark.  sounds like you think of it the other way around.

in audiophile lingo... warm is darker sounding (less treble emphasis)

bbybaudio

« Reply #11 on: 13 Jan 2021, 09:21 pm »
I do not find the level 6.2 ICs and level 5 speaker cables bright or harsh at all. I do find them as neutral as the Audience AU24SEs but more open sounding (holographic?). The anti-cables are easily as warm as the Audience cables. I did have earlier versions of anti-cables which were not as warm as these most recent versions. That said, big step up in price to go to the level 5 speaker cables.

morganc

« Reply #12 on: 14 Jan 2021, 02:35 am »
I have a 5 foot pair of AC  speaker cables (level 1 )in my closet if you wanna try them out DM me as they are collecting dust.

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #13 on: 14 Jan 2021, 03:38 pm »
Yes me too, I have a 12ft pair of 3.1's

Shredder

« Reply #14 on: 14 Jan 2021, 05:38 pm »
did you find anti-cables a better match than other cables?  or simply were satisfied and stayed with the brand?

Simply satisfied.

By bright, I meant emphasis on highs which makes my head hurt.

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #15 on: 14 Jan 2021, 08:32 pm »
For me the AC 3.1’s really didn’t do it. Just no wow factor and while I’m presently satisfied with my Atmosphere Level 1’s who knows what the future holds for my M3’s
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2021, 12:17 am by Audiosaurusrex »

bbybaudio

« Reply #16 on: 14 Jan 2021, 11:04 pm »
I have two pair of AC level 1 speaker cables that have been stored for more years than I can remember. Went from ultra expensive MIT (great, did not like the water hose size nor the multiple network boxes aspect) to Audience AU24s nearly as good and much nicer to look at. Tried the AC level 1s for grins as they were so inexpensive, and did not like the sound. Upgraded to AU24 Se's with Audience and sound was great. Whole system actually. Tried the new AC digital ICs and they were very good. Took leap of faith and bought AC level 6.2 interconnects and level 5 speaker cables. For me, better and more holographic sound that the Audience cables. So far, I am very happy.

Mr. Big

« Reply #17 on: 23 Jan 2021, 12:02 am »
Give Audio Envy a go.  Affordable and superb.