X-LS Encore MTM Kit?

Bullitt5094

X-LS Encore MTM Kit?
« on: 6 Apr 2020, 01:03 am »
I just build the A/V-1RS kit. I am very impressed with the sound of these little guys and I'm interested in building Mains to go with them. I see there is a A/V-3 kit that can be fabricated as a floor standing MTM speaker. I was curious if there is such a thing as an MTM X-LS Encore kit. Since I assume the X-LS Encore uses superior components and an MTM ported tower would be a better design for SPL and to fill in the lower mid-range/sub frequencies.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: X-LS Encore MTM Kit?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Apr 2020, 02:28 am »
There is, the X-CS Encore. It can be built as the sealed MTM center channel or as the ported X-MTM towers.

Bullitt5094

« Reply #2 on: 6 Apr 2020, 03:05 am »
I don't see an X-CS Encore on the GS site. Only and X-CS Classic. Do you have an URL to the X-CS Encore kit?

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 6 Apr 2020, 03:17 am »
I don't see an X-CS Encore on the GS site. Only and X-CS Classic. Do you have an URL to the X-CS Encore kit?

A lot of Danny's kits are not listed on the website. They are discussed in this forum, though you may have to do a search for a particular speaker to find the relevant threads. Give Danny a call, PM, or email.

Bullitt5094

« Reply #4 on: 6 Apr 2020, 03:21 am »
I shall. Thanks!

Captainhemo

« Reply #5 on: 6 Apr 2020, 06:05 pm »
The Av3 TL is a  tranmission design and it used the smae tweeter  as your   surrounds.   The transmission line  will give you exellent bass response down to about  40 ish hz.   There is also a matching  AV3 center channel.

A few years back,  Ron Joyner built his son a full HT system  using all the  AV line   and a sealed 12"  servo sub from GR....  aparently the results were    far, far above  expectations..

jay

Bullitt5094

« Reply #6 on: 6 Apr 2020, 06:32 pm »
My wife, who still has bat ears according to a recent audiology test, really likes the sound of that tweeter. I may consider taking things that direction. Thanks for that input. And BTW Danny did answer my PM and there is a MTM X-LS Encore kit available from his bag of tricks. I appreciate his quick response.

Captainhemo

« Reply #7 on: 6 Apr 2020, 06:39 pm »
Yeah,  Mike Lundy has a  build thread of a pair of floor standing Encore MTM's somewhere... has some  pics  with them and his N3TL's ( same size as  AV3TL's) to show size difference.

jay