Get well Dennis Murphy

maplemusic

Re: Get well Dennis Murphy
« Reply #20 on: 17 Apr 2019, 08:51 pm »
Good to know that you are on the road to recovery. Yep. There comes a point where you need to take things a few notches down to enjoy life. I am sure you will have a lot to contribute to the audio industry with your knowledge, expertise by reviewing speakers and suggesting designs etc.. Not sure if you still plan to design crossovers for Jim but I wish you well in whatever you chose.

Saturn94

« Reply #21 on: 17 Apr 2019, 11:29 pm »
It’s great to see you post, Dennis.  :D

dB Cooper

« Reply #22 on: 18 Apr 2019, 04:13 am »
I named the Songtower and have met Dennis at Capital Audiofest. Very nice man. May good music and good health be your constant companions for years to come.

jabouley

« Reply #23 on: 3 May 2019, 03:32 pm »
Sending up a prayer for you Dennis. Amen.

lewdogg

« Reply #24 on: 7 May 2019, 01:18 am »
Gonna wrap this up this coming Sunday (5/12). Wanted to post it one more time just in case some others wanted to donate to help Dennis. Many of you mentioned he probably doesn't NEED BMRs and that Jim would probably give Dennis a discount if he wanted to buy them. I plan to just provide the funds to Dennis and let him use it as he sees fit. I'm sure such a long stay in the hospital comes with a hefty bill so I wanted this campaign to provide some relief if needed.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/med-expensesfirst-salk-phil-bmr-for-dennis-murphy

Thanks again to everyone that donated!

Yomaha

« Reply #25 on: 8 May 2019, 05:52 pm »
Get well, Dennis!

funkmonkey

« Reply #26 on: 12 May 2019, 01:20 am »
Hey Dennis, glad to hear you are on the mend... I wish you many more healthy years (and hopefully way less stress) !   :thumb:

Mudslide

« Reply #27 on: 12 May 2019, 02:37 am »
Hey Dennis, glad to hear you are on the mend... I wish you many more healthy years (and hopefully way less stress) !   :thumb:

Dennis...you brought the funkmonkey out of retirement!   :bounce:  That's worth plenty of good health right there.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #28 on: 12 May 2019, 05:38 pm »
Dennis...you brought the funkmonkey out of retirement!   :bounce:  That's worth plenty of good health right there.

Thanks funkmonkey.  Good to hear from you again. 

dr_skoobie

« Reply #29 on: 15 May 2019, 04:49 am »
Just wanted to add that the fundraiser is still up and active. I and a couple others donated today, come and join the fun-- it's not too late. I myself am a dyed in the wool DIY type who owes Dennis multiple debts stretching all the way back to the BASS list and Madisound days. My types, the Dave Ellis 1801 crowd, Salk enthusiasts, and Philharmonic Audio fans have all enjoyed Dennis' unique talent for creating great speakers for years.

I love seeing him back on the threads sharing his knowledge. I know many others do as well.

If you have been thinking of donating to the fundraiser, I encourage you to do so!

lewdogg

« Reply #30 on: 15 May 2019, 02:03 pm »
Just wanted to add that the fundraiser is still up and active. I and a couple others donated today, come and join the fun-- it's not too late. I myself am a dyed in the wool DIY type who owes Dennis multiple debts stretching all the way back to the BASS list and Madisound days. My types, the Dave Ellis 1801 crowd, Salk enthusiasts, and Philharmonic Audio fans have all enjoyed Dennis' unique talent for creating great speakers for years.

I love seeing him back on the threads sharing his knowledge. I know many others do as well.

If you have been thinking of donating to the fundraiser, I encourage you to do so!

Thanks, dr_skoobie! There's been a flurry of donations in the last two days. We're now over $1100 donated. I'm working with GFM to provide Dennis the tools to withdrawal the funds. I hope to have that complete today.

Thanks again for everyone's support!

https://www.gofundme.com/med-expensesfirst-salk-phil-bmr-for-dennis-murphy

lewdogg

« Reply #31 on: 21 May 2019, 03:22 pm »
Updating everyone on the GFM campaign. Thanks to all the thoughtful members of the audio community, we raised $1,360 for Dennis, almost doubling the amount raised a week ago. The money should go to good use towards Dennis' medical expenses.

I want to thank everyone for all their donations and support!

Kevin

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #32 on: 21 May 2019, 04:35 pm »
, I am extremely grateful for this show of support, and for Kevin's efforts in particular.  This has been a very expensive ordeal, and you have all eased the burden.  Cheers, Dennis

lewdogg

« Reply #33 on: 21 May 2019, 05:46 pm »
, I am extremely grateful for this show of support, and for Kevin's efforts in particular.  This has been a very expensive ordeal, and you have all eased the burden.  Cheers, Dennis

@gryph on Audioholics Forums mentioned the idea, I simply ran with it after I found out you were no longer offering the BMRs.

I’d love to see everyone who bought a set of speakers from Dennis kick in a couple $$ on a gofundme account to purchase him the first pair of BMR’s Salk Sound builds. That would be cool!

I'm just glad it was successful and the proceeds will help ease your burden. Get well soon!!!

sturgus

« Reply #34 on: 23 May 2019, 01:50 am »
Glad to hear you are getting better. Just take your time and recover, Enjoy Life!

fsimms

« Reply #35 on: 17 Jun 2019, 03:12 pm »
Sorry to hear that you are under the weather.  Glad you are getting better though.  I really appreciate all you have done to enrich my life!

RonN5

« Reply #36 on: 17 Jun 2019, 03:16 pm »
It appears that Dennis is recovering and is communicating with fans and loudspeaker enthusiasts here:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1348949-philharmonic-audio-dennis-murphy-299.html

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #37 on: 17 Jun 2019, 03:28 pm »
Dennis

Glad to hear your doing better!!

Your a really nice person and have helped me in the past with the Pioneer mods...

Please take care of yourself and welcome back!

Alex

:D :D :D

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #38 on: 17 Jun 2019, 04:45 pm »
Thanks Alex.  I'm pretty much 100% of normal and am getting involved in some interesting projects.  It's great to be back. 

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #39 on: 17 Jun 2019, 05:28 pm »
Guess I need to leave the cave once in a while, was totally oblivious to all this.
Get well soon Dennis. Sent you an email (Soundfield), check your spam box. Its probably in there with all the other crap.