11" or 13" MBA

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: 11" or 13" MBA
« Reply #40 on: 14 Aug 2012, 11:08 am »
Got my 13" MBA yesterday.  By far the best laptop I've ever owned.  Just awesome!  As I type this on my what feels like a 100 lb Dell. 

No doubt that it will take some time to get used to doing some things on it but it's pretty awesome for surfing and screen sharing the Mac Mini while playing some tunes.   :thumb:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #41 on: 14 Aug 2012, 01:00 pm »
What sleeve do you guys use?

Of course thin is ideal.  Anyone have this one from Tom Bihn?
http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/ACC/TB0350

Any good?

mnilan

« Reply #42 on: 14 Aug 2012, 01:46 pm »
jtwrace:
I've had my 13" MBA for a couple of years now and it is working fine and is pristine physically.  I bought an "Avenues" zip case from Staples for about $25.00.  There is a slip pocket on the left side that the MBA fits in perfectly, space for cards and pens and the right side has a pad of paper.  The cover is padded (slightly) and the whole thing zips up.  Inexpensive, light, compact, effective and durable (about two years and counting).  Plus, it doesn't look like a laptop computer case and so draws less attention.  I recommend it highly.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #43 on: 14 Aug 2012, 02:22 pm »
jtwrace:
I've had my 13" MBA for a couple of years now and it is working fine and is pristine physically.  I bought an "Avenues" zip case from Staples for about $25.00.  There is a slip pocket on the left side that the MBA fits in perfectly, space for cards and pens and the right side has a pad of paper.  The cover is padded (slightly) and the whole thing zips up.  Inexpensive, light, compact, effective and durable (about two years and counting).  Plus, it doesn't look like a laptop computer case and so draws less attention.  I recommend it highly.
Thanks!   :thumb:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel

Crimson

« Reply #45 on: 14 Aug 2012, 07:02 pm »
I prefer to go naked.  8)

Why spoil a beautiful body? I've never had issues with scratches, etc.

Pez

« Reply #46 on: 16 Aug 2012, 02:30 am »
What sleeve do you guys use?

Of course thin is ideal.  Anyone have this one from Tom Bihn?
http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/ACC/TB0350

Any good?

I use Tom Bihn stuff for my computer. The bags are the best period. As a matter of fact I was so impressed I did a review here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=90108.0

Be warned the bihn Cache's are intended to be used as inserts to their bags, not to be carried around by their own. They have a fold over opening that has no way of securely closing, the flap just folds in on the bag. Great for quick access inside a bag, terrible for carrying around.  :nono:

In my bag I currently carry iPad, MBA 11", 500 gb external HD, BT Apple keyboard, iPhone, flashlight, every conceivable cord/plugin for usb etc, 8600 mAh USB charger for iPad and iPhone, various cleaning cloths and spray stuffs, my leatherman, MBA power cord, and in order to keep it all organized I have a lot of the TB inserts including a clear case, and several small insert cases.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #47 on: 16 Aug 2012, 09:36 am »

In my bag I currently carry iPad, MBA 11", 500 gb external HD, BT Apple keyboard, iPhone, flashlight, every conceivable cord/plugin for usb etc, 8600 mAh USB charger for iPad and iPhone, various cleaning cloths and spray stuffs, my leatherman, MBA power cord, and in order to keep it all organized I have a lot of the TB inserts including a clear case, and several small insert cases.

:o

TomS

« Reply #48 on: 16 Aug 2012, 02:11 pm »
When my wife or girls pack like that we call it the "feed bag"  :green:

mgalusha

« Reply #49 on: 16 Aug 2012, 02:54 pm »
I have succumbed to the lure of the MBA, just a standard 13" model, i5, 256gb SSD and 4G of ram but it's plenty quick and so light. Never thought I'd own an Apple product but I've had this for about 10 days or so and it's a really nice computer.

Crimson

« Reply #50 on: 16 Aug 2012, 03:06 pm »
I have succumbed to the lure of the MBA, just a standard 13" model, i5, 256gb SSD and 4G of ram but it's plenty quick and so light. Never thought I'd own an Apple product but I've had this for about 10 days or so and it's a really nice computer.

Bwahahahahahahaha!  :P

Andre2

« Reply #51 on: 16 Aug 2012, 03:15 pm »
I like this word 'succumbed', cuz, as I said on another thread, I went to bestbuy a couple of weeks ago to buy a hp laptop that I saw on sale for about $850, and...

I succumbed and left the store with a 27-inch ll in one mac.  :thumb:
Now, I am thinking, why haven't I done this earlier - this is my first apple computer and I am loving it.

pardales

« Reply #52 on: 16 Aug 2012, 03:21 pm »
I prefer to go naked.  8)

Why spoil a beautiful body? I've never had issues with scratches, etc.

Agreed!

Pez

« Reply #53 on: 18 Aug 2012, 04:22 am »

Ohhhh the end of days is surly near!  :lol:

Please tell me you didn't wipe mountain lion off and install W7.  :duh:

mgalusha

« Reply #54 on: 18 Aug 2012, 04:26 am »
Ohhhh the end of days is surly near!  :lol:

Please tell me you didn't wipe mountain lion off and install W7.  :duh:

Nah, I nuked it and put on W8. Not!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #55 on: 18 Aug 2012, 04:51 am »
Keep buying those Apple products....I think the next target is 900... :thumb:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #56 on: 18 Aug 2012, 10:49 am »
Keep buying those Apple products....I think the next target is 900... :thumb:

linky no worky

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #57 on: 18 Aug 2012, 01:36 pm »
linky no worky

Try this....LINK...

And this...
Apple (US:AAPL) ended the day with a gain of $11.77 a share, or almost 2%, to post its highest- ever close at $648.11. The stock has gained almost 13% since a selloff in July that was sparked by disappointment with the company’s earnings report.

Peter Misek of Jeffries & Co. raised his price target on Apple’s stock to $900 a share from $800 on Friday. He wrote in a research note that checks with Asian components producers suggest Apple is close to launching a so-called iPad mini tablet that would be smaller than the current iPad, and that the company could show off the next iPhone at an event in September.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #58 on: 18 Aug 2012, 05:06 pm »
Iphone and iPad were gateway devices for me.  Without them (and cloud) I would have never even considered the Air to replace a broken windows laptop.  But having data available seamlessly between devices is very nice (and about to get nicer with IOS 6).  The main show concern for me was stuff like spreadsheets and documents, but I got the MS Office Apple version loaded and it's been flawless.  The fact that I'm in school for my Masters and they gave me a 10% discount, plus $100 credit at iTunes, plus big discounts on the 3 year warranty and the one to one tutorial service was all just icing on the cake :)

saisunil

« Reply #59 on: 19 Aug 2012, 03:14 pm »
A friend of mine works at Microsoft and say that windows 8 is agame changing product.
Miscosoft is also coming with their hardware - just like apple... Live and learn.

I was super impressed with all Mac laptops - they all offered something unique.
We have always had 15 or 17 inch laptops as desktop replacement but now I am even considering a desktop and an 11 inch but then miscosoft is coming with a hardware and OS package  :duh: :scratch: :thumb:

Not long time ago miscosoft was considered a monopoly and apple a poor soul and now the tables have turned. IBM, HP, Dell are somewhere in between ... Healthy competition is good.