Who's going to LSAF

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Re: Who's going to LSAF
« Reply #20 on: 6 May 2011, 04:06 pm »
I'll be driving down from St Louis and bringing a pretty nice setup to show.  I have a pair of Cirrus with quite a few upgrades that will be playing, Amorphous Core RAAL, V-Cap OIMP with Copper Teflon Bypass, and a few other things.  George at Morningstar is letting me bring his loaner Eastern Electric M88 tube integrated with Black Beauty KT88's and Siemens Silverplate 12AU7's.  Computer audio will go through the new MHDT USBridge into an Eastern Electric MiniMax.  It's a relatively modest setup that sounds fantastic, hard to beat for the $$$.

I'm trying to throw together a couple subs to bring as well, and integrate with the MiniDSP ... just because I'll have more room in the car, why not.  I have the drivers and plate amps here, just gotta get to work  :D

This will be my first time at LSAF, so what's going on afterward on Fri and Sat evening?  I'd love to hang out with some guys and toss back a few cold ones.

rjbond3rd

« Reply #21 on: 10 May 2011, 10:06 pm »
Hi TurboFC3s,

Those are some gorgeous-looking speakers.  I look forward to hearing your rig.  (I'm only there during Saturday, otherwise I'd chug some brews with you and the other folks.)

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #22 on: 10 May 2011, 10:28 pm »
Who the heck is George at Morningstar? :scratch: :lol:

Dave G

« Reply #23 on: 10 May 2011, 11:00 pm »
Who the heck is George at Morningstar? :scratch: :lol:

I was kind of wondering that myself.   :lol:

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #24 on: 11 May 2011, 01:17 am »
Haha, sorry Bill.  I also write for a Golf magazine, and I'm doing a course review for a course where the GM's name is George.  I was probably talking to him while posting that reply  :lol:

TrungT

« Reply #25 on: 11 May 2011, 01:31 am »
I have an extra Dodd buffer here, If anyone have a set up at LSAF and want to try out the Dodd buffer, please let me know.
 :thumb:

rjbond3rd

« Reply #26 on: 11 May 2011, 02:29 am »
Hi Trung,

I volunteer to update the LSAF web site.

TrungT

« Reply #27 on: 11 May 2011, 02:41 am »
RJ
Awesome  :thumb:
Need a hand? please let me know anything I can help.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #28 on: 11 May 2011, 03:05 am »
I have an extra Dodd buffer here, If anyone have a set up at LSAF and want to try out the Dodd buffer, please let me know.

You know, I've actually been thinking for some time about trying one.  I've been pc based audio for some time, DAC right into my amp ... and have been wondering if the buffer would do anything for me.  I'd love to try it out if possible. 

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #29 on: 11 May 2011, 03:07 am »
Hi Trung,

I volunteer to update the LSAF web site.

Snag my logo off my website, www.vaporsound.com

You should also put Eastern Electric down on the exhibitors page, since I'll have their amp and DAC.  Also my full system will be cabled by Downside Audio, including some 97% silver/3% gold speaker cables.

TrungT

« Reply #30 on: 11 May 2011, 03:17 am »
^^^^^
Please send me a PM with your phone number.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #31 on: 11 May 2011, 07:49 am »
the polk audio room will be using my virtue audio m901 amp with dodd tube buffer and platinum sonicap bypass on batteries and my virtue audio piano m1 cdp.

rjbond3rd

« Reply #32 on: 12 May 2011, 02:45 am »
Snag my logo off my website, www.vaporsound.com

You should also put Eastern Electric down on the exhibitors page, since I'll have their amp and DAC.  Also my full system will be cabled by Downside Audio, including some 97% silver/3% gold speaker cables.

Hi TurboFC3S,

My offer of webmastering stands but I don't have any access right now to the site.  So it's just an offer at the moment.  Maybe I can talk to the powers that be at the show.