Question for Danny about the Neo 3

wshuff

« on: 10 Oct 2005, 04:15 pm »
Danny,

I've been enjoying reading about the new speakers you've designed and have a question about the Neo 3.

The RA8 uses your woofers and the RAW ribbon tweeter, and now RAW is going to offer your A/V kits with the ribbon, but when you designed your unnamed speaker (call it the Eastwood -- the speaker with no name), you went with the Neo 3.   Have you ever given any consideration to offering your A/V kits with the Neo 3 as an option?  Any benefits or drawbacks to that configuation?

Just curious.

Danny Richie

« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2005, 04:05 pm »
Have you ever given any consideration to offering your A/V kits with the Neo 3 as an option? Any benefits or drawbacks to that configuation?

I will be offering something along those lines but not as kits. It will be a follow up to the un-named open baffle speaker.

The Neo 3 PDR used offer a lot of advantages in detail, resolution, and lower crossover points.

As a lower cost follow up to the open baffle models I will be offering a group models that will be great for home theater as well at two channel systems.

Picture our A/V-1, A/V-1RS, A/V-3S, and A/V-3 models all with the Neo 3 pdr tweeter and priced well enough to make them attractive even when compared to offering them through direct sales. As they say, there is power in the numbers and large runs will keep cost down for everyone.

wshuff

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2005, 02:04 pm »
Thanks for the info, Danny, I'll be keeping my eye out for all of your new offerings.  Of course, you've been a busy man and I have to watch several boards to see all the work you've done.  Do keep us posted.