Isoacoustics Gaia III on X-Statiks

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
Isoacoustics Gaia III on X-Statiks
« on: 8 Oct 2020, 08:43 pm »
I’ve been a fan of isoacoustics speaker stands for years.  They made all of my speakers sound better.  The original plastic stands aren’t the prettiest and raise the speakers a few to several inches.  In my current apartment with vinyl flooring I haven’t been using the L8R-200 stands with my Statiks out of laziness.  I had felt pads under them to make it easier to slide them around.

I stumbled onto a used set of Gaia III at a price I couldn’t pass up on.  When I first tried to install them they pulled the m8 nuts right out of the base board.  (The nuts were factory installed by AV123). So I had to improvise.  I picked up a couple sets of outriggers from Parts Express and screwed them in.  They even have m8 threading.  Then added the Gaias.

I thought the Statiks were great before but holy crap!  Soundstage dropped back a few feet and focus improved so much they sound like different speakers!  Highly recommended!

Argoncat

Re: Isoacoustics Gaia III on X-Statiks
« Reply #1 on: 9 Oct 2020, 01:28 am »
Glad you were able to improvise they look great.. I love the GAIA series of feet; I had some Gaia III on my old Sonus Fabers and now have a trio of Gaia II on my NX Studio Monitors.  While I haven't taken a proper weight, the studios with full copper cap / 12 AWG foil inductor crossover upgrade and disturbingly over-engineered stands, they have to by 60ish lbs..  Thus,with 3 feet I would have violated the Gaia III weight recommendation per foot, so I went to the II's.  In addition to their isolation function I like the suction cup base that eliminates the worry of tipping over the unit with a bump from an overly active puppy..   

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 9 Oct 2020, 07:32 pm »
I've been on the fence about getting some of these to go under my NX-Otica MTM/dual H-frames. Looks like I need to add them to my short list.

mkrawcz

« Reply #3 on: 9 Oct 2020, 08:06 pm »
These get the job done at a decent price. I have them on my OB subs and NX-Otica’s

https://www.svsound.com/products/soundpath-subwoofer-isolation-system

HT cOz

« Reply #4 on: 9 Oct 2020, 08:25 pm »
I had a similar project recently but at a lower cost. I really like those Gaia.

dpatters

« Reply #5 on: 9 Oct 2020, 08:31 pm »
Those are really nice! Here another alternative. Track Point.

Don P

HT cOz

« Reply #6 on: 9 Oct 2020, 08:46 pm »
Those are really nice! Here another alternative. Track Point.

Don P

Stunning speakers, inspiration for my DIY build

Now back to the topic, do you all think these products make a difference? 

dpatters

« Reply #7 on: 9 Oct 2020, 08:50 pm »
Absolutely. Focused the bottom end which in turn improves all frequencies. I should note the speakers weigh 250 lbs each and are sitting on a suspended hardwood floor.

Don P

cedman1

« Reply #8 on: 10 Oct 2020, 06:27 pm »
I have used the non-footers (iso-lr155) and (iso-200) for speakers and really appreciate how they affect the mid-range, etc.  I am looking forward to using some footers on a sub potentially, this feed back helps with the decision making.