OB Speaker placement in front of sloped ceiling

Fjendbo

OB Speaker placement in front of sloped ceiling
« on: 31 Jul 2018, 02:02 pm »
Hi all,

Just need a bit of advise.

We plan to move to a house, and the only thing I'm looking for is (of course) a place for the stereo  :D .. Almost.

A possible house of interest has sloped ceilings in the living room (7.2m x 5.9m) from about 1 meter and ends in, I believe it's called cathedral ceiling. It's the 7.2m walls that have sloped ceiling which would be the placement of speakers.

Would that work for open baffles speakers? Would it work for any speaker?

Thank you.

JohnR

Re: OB Speaker placement in front of sloped ceiling
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2018, 09:37 pm »
I imagine it would result in reduced first ceiling reflection, which can't be a bad thing.

Fjendbo

« Reply #2 on: 6 Aug 2018, 11:28 am »
Hi John,

I mostly find sloped ceilings positive online as well, so I won't let that get in the way. I do read that it make for more unpredictable room acoustics, though. Which makes sense.

----

Anyone who has experiences with sloped ceilings and audio?

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #3 on: 6 Aug 2018, 03:48 pm »
Hi all,

Just need a bit of advise.

We plan to move to a house, and the only thing I'm looking for is (of course) a place for the stereo  :D .. Almost.

A possible house of interest has sloped ceilings in the living room (7.2m x 5.9m) from about 1 meter and ends in, I believe it's called cathedral ceiling. It's the 7.2m walls that have sloped ceiling which would be the placement of speakers.

Would that work for open baffles speakers? Would it work for any speaker?

Thank you.

Yes yes and yes. More important is space available behind speakers as well as sides. Good luck with your purchase.

charles

Fjendbo

« Reply #4 on: 6 Aug 2018, 05:18 pm »

Yes yes and yes. More important is space available behind speakers as well as sides. Good luck with your purchase.

charles

Okay, noted and thank you :)

OzarkTom

« Reply #5 on: 6 Aug 2018, 05:19 pm »

charles

+1

That would be a killer room to own for me.