Full RMAF show Coverage

Pez

Full RMAF show Coverage
« on: 18 Sep 2009, 07:14 pm »
Just an announcement:

Tyson and I will be doing FULL show coverage! Including interviews with manufacturers from AC as well as others. Nothing is written in stone yet, but we are planning on doing numerous write ups system descriptions, as well as a "Best of" category where we will be naming our number one picks for various arbitrary categories.  I look forward to making this as fun for AC members as possible and feel free to PM any questions you would like us to ask any manufacturers or any pieces/rooms you would like us to highlight!
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2010, 11:06 pm by Pez »

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Full RMAF show Coverage
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2009, 07:21 pm »
If we could get a list of the rooms that the Audio Circle Manufacturers are going to be in, posted in this thread, that will help a lot.  We're gonna have limited time and we'd like to give AC'ers priority in our coverage.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2009, 07:31 pm »
I think that is a great idea that you guys are doing for Audio Circle manufacturers.

Bella Extreme will be showcasing the new Bella Extreme Purity linetsgae at the years Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. We are honored to be in with the following manufacturers:

Marriott Tower
Level 9 - Room 9010

McAlister Audio (amplification)

Carnegie Acoustics (loudspeaker debut)

Abbingdon Music Research (CD Player / Phono Stage)

Dr. Feickert Analogue (turntable)

Teo Audio (cabling)

Bella Extreme (Purity Linestage)

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #3 on: 18 Sep 2009, 07:36 pm »
Audio by Van Alstine will be exhibiting in the Mariot Tower, level 2, room 2002.

We are sharing a display with SalkSound and Jim Salk's great speakers.

We will have final prototypes (but without final cosmetics) of our amazing new Ultravalve vacuum tube power amplifiers, and prototypes of other products in final development too.

We will be playing a variety of Salk Speakers, including the H2TL, Songtower, and the new "compact" version of the HT4 superspeaker.  This one has a midrange that is the best I have ever heard by far.

Come in and visit and look and most importantly, listen.

We will be featuring my astonishing "old rope" speaker wire too.  :)

Best regards,

Frank Van Alstine

Pez

« Reply #4 on: 18 Sep 2009, 07:38 pm »
Here's a list I put together really quick. I KNOW I've missed a lot so PLEASE fill in the gaps either AC manufacturers post your info like Frank and Bill did or ACer's please post the URL that confirms the manu. will be there like this:

Omega - Room 470

Daedalus - Room 1030 and Room 1010

CIAudio - Room 1004

response - Room 9010

AVA - Room 2002

GR Research - Rooms 2016 and 2032

Empirical - Iris room

Virtue Audio -  Room 2032

Modwright - Room 1010

Audiokinesis - error not at show.

Salk Audio - Room 2002 (confirmed by Frank)
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2009, 09:58 pm by Pez »

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #5 on: 18 Sep 2009, 07:40 pm »
I will be sharing room 569 (I believe that's right) with FritzSpeakers.  Paul Kaplan (Occam) will be providing all of the power cords, extensions, filtering, etc. for the room.  I will have the 2 chassis Korato preamp and the SS Anniversary amp driving Fritz's Carbon 7's that were very well received at AKFest this year.

Bryan

Pez

« Reply #6 on: 18 Sep 2009, 08:14 pm »
Odysessy Audio - Room 555

Bent Audio - Evergreen Lobby

Music Reference - Room 514

Bolder Cables Room 1030 - Need room confirmation

Manufacturers I want to see, but are not AC manufacturers:

Emerald Physics

To be continued...
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2009, 02:30 am by Pez »

pocket4

« Reply #7 on: 18 Sep 2009, 09:04 pm »
Bamberg Audio will be in Room 1026 at RMAF. We've made some changes to the Series 5 TMW, so stop by and give them a listen. We will be featuring the following equipment;

Bamberg Series 5 TMW
Modwirght LS 36.5 Line Stage
Modwight KWA 150 power amp
Transporter Truth Mods
Oppo BDP 83 Modification
Soundstring Cables
PS Audio Power Plant Premier
Real Traps room treatment

Our Bamberg Series 2 TMM will be featured in Soundstring's Room 9025. They also will be using equipment by Modwright, PS Audio, and Real Traps. Very impressive cables.

Please stop by and say hi, we're looking forward this years show it should be a great one.

Best regards to all,
Steve Fay

Daedalus Audio

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 18 Sep 2009, 09:49 pm »
Odysessy Audio - Room 555

Bent Audio - Evergreen Lobby

Music Reference - Room 514

Bolder Cables Room 1030 - Need room confirmation

Manufacturers I want to see, but are not AC manufacturers:

Emerald Physics

To be continued...

yes, Bolder will have something in 1030

add Daedalus Audio room 1030
Modwright 36.5 pre-amp
Modwright  KWA 150 power amps as mono blocks
Modwright  Transporter
Dynamic Design cables
Abbingdon Music Research CD-77   Reference CD player
Gill Audio Elise DAC
Equa Rack isolation footers
Furman Ref-20 power conditioner
Bolder Cables modded Squeezebox Duet

alos we will have a pair of Deadalus Audio DA-RMa speakers in the ModWright room #1010

iGrant

« Reply #9 on: 19 Sep 2009, 04:28 pm »
Grant Fidelity will be in Room 9000, main system will be driven by the new 600w/ch (150 Class A) ShengYa Mono-Blocks and then driven by our A-534B 10 watt 300B SET for fun comparisons :)

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,
Ian

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #10 on: 20 Sep 2009, 03:56 am »
Omega will be in two rooms....

Marriott 4th Floor ~ 470
Marriott Tower - Level 2 ~ 2032

The full list of Exhibitors is here..... :wink:

(Check out the Kaiser Kawero speakers ....Marriott 4th Floor ~ 445..) :thumb:

Don_S

« Reply #11 on: 2 Oct 2009, 06:15 pm »
I don't want to "thread crapper" but it may be better to start a new thread with actual show reports (with appropriate title).  There are various threads and multiple pages on getting-ready-for-the-show that really have very little value now.  I am looking forward to the observations of fellow Circle members. It would be nice to not have to wade through pages of pre-show anticipation.  Screw the appetizers, bring on the main course.  :drool:

Actually, this thread is not that long so it may be good to continue it with actual show coverage.  My point is to not have multiple threads on the same topic.

welwynnick

« Reply #12 on: 4 Oct 2009, 09:52 am »
Could we have a tally of "most popular supporting equipment"?

Meaning, where an exhibitor doesn't manufacture whole systems - what supporting equipment do they chose to demonstrate their equipment to its best advantage?

I think this would be very illuminating, and so far it looks like Modwright are ahead.

Nick

mgalusha

« Reply #13 on: 4 Oct 2009, 10:02 am »
I have seen quite a few ModWright amps and even more Esoteric CD players. No idea on the number but I noticed quite a few folks using them.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #14 on: 4 Oct 2009, 03:09 pm »
I'm getting ready to head over to the Marriott for the last day of what has been a great show. This is my 5th year at RMAF and despite all the emphasis on computer audio, the number rooms with TT just keep increasing. A lot of vinyl is being spun. Here is a pic of the ModWright room with the Daedalus Audio DA-RMa speakers. Don't be mislead by the size of the speakers. These are full range and deliver spectacular bass. There is great synergy between Dan's amps and Lou's speakers. Note the RedPoint TT--way to go Dan! The sound was clear, detailed, natural and non fatiguing.

More later,

Laura

twitch54

« Reply #15 on: 4 Oct 2009, 03:43 pm »
good show......I enjoyed meeting Wayner, Vinyl-lady, lonewolf (thanks again for the CD Chris !) and others.

First time listening to the Salks, superb sound.......also love Harbeth and Merlin rooms, the new Vanerstein 7's sounded great considering they are 'pre-production, Wilson has a winner with the new Sasha, the Venture 'La Charme' may be the best soundstaging bookshelf speakers I've ever heard.

WGH

« Reply #16 on: 4 Oct 2009, 04:51 pm »
...Here is a pic of the ModWright room with the Daedalus Audio DA-RMa speakers. Don't be mislead by the size of the speakers. These are full range and deliver spectacular bass. There is great synergy between Dan's amps and Lou's speakers.... The sound was clear, detailed, natural and non fatiguing.

My brother and I went directly from the big JANSZEN MODEL 1's/BRYSTON 28B's to the ModWright/Daedalus room and yes, the first thing I noticed was the natural non fatiguing sound. The Janszen's make you sit up straight and demand all your attention, with the Daedalus speakers you can just sit back and relax. I would rate the sound in both rooms as excellent.

And thanks for the CD's Chris!

Wayne