State of Eighth Nerve?

wilsynet

State of Eighth Nerve?
« on: 18 Nov 2008, 08:32 pm »
It's been more than 6 months since the last post in this forum, the phone number found on the web site goes immediately to voice mail, and I find myself wondering if the email I sent yesterday morning is going to be read.

Anyone have recent contact with Eighth Nerve?

jaspal kallar

Re: State of Eighth Nerve?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2008, 10:19 pm »
It's been more than 6 months since the last post in this forum, the phone number found on the web site goes immediately to voice mail, and I find myself wondering if the email I sent yesterday morning is going to be read.

Anyone have recent contact with Eighth Nerve?

Hi,

About 3 or 4 months ago I enquired about 8th Nerve triangles through the cable company.  They told me then they were no longer in business.  I did email them shortly after and I did get a reply after a couple of days.   I haven't contacted since then.

Sad in a way... they had some great products...maybe they will start trading again.

I hope this helps.

jaspal

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2008, 11:21 pm »
Wow,,, I didn't know that. IMHO, Eighth Nerve made some of the best looking and very good performing room treatment. I know I won't be losing mine anytime soon. :D But if that's really the status of Eighth Nerve, why isn't this Circle archived? :scratch:

Cheers,
Robin

wilsynet

« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2008, 07:28 pm »
Well, here's hoping that they're just on vacation for a couple of weeks.  I'll report back in if I hear something from them.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2008, 11:35 pm »
Well, here's hoping that they're just on vacation for a couple of weeks.  I'll report back in if I hear something from them.

No posts in this Circle since May 5, 2008? I really doubt you'll have anything to report back with wilsynet or a place to report it back to now that this Circle has finally been highlighted as dead.  :bawl:

Cheers,
Robin

wilsynet

« Reply #5 on: 20 Nov 2008, 01:28 am »
Wouldn't it be a bit hasty to not give Eighth Nerve an opportunity to respond?  It's been 6 months, surely we can give it another 2 weeks ...

Not dead yet; we're still posting in it afterall. =)

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #6 on: 20 Nov 2008, 01:42 am »
Wouldn't it be a bit hasty to not give Eighth Nerve an opportunity to respond?  It's been 6 months, surely we can give it another 2 weeks ...

Not dead yet; we're still posting in it afterall. =)

:lol: I hear ya. :thumb: Fact of the matter is AudioCircle has some sort of timeline in place for archiving a Circle that hasn't seen any constructive posting,, I think it's something like 3 months (don't quote me on that tho). It's been 6 months of no posts with 8th Nerve actually admitting that they're out of business? With the archiving activities of the last few weeks, I'm really surprised this Circle is still breathing. :scratch: But then again I'm just as surprised that 8th Nerve had to close their doors. 8th Nerve was the 1st room treatment I added to my room so I know 1st hand the impact their room treatment package made on my room. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

wilsynet

« Reply #7 on: 20 Nov 2008, 02:07 am »
Not to be too argumentative, but it's hearsay that they've closed their doors.  The Cable Company said that they did, but there's been no confirmation, just a rather inactive circle.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #8 on: 20 Nov 2008, 02:18 am »
Not to be too argumentative, but it's hearsay that they've closed their doors.  The Cable Company said that they did, but there's been no confirmation, just a rather inactive circle.

HEY,,, I hope you're right! :thumb:

jopagi

« Reply #9 on: 11 Dec 2008, 09:04 pm »
Nathan's Linked In profile seems to indicate that his Eighth Nerve experience is all behind him.  He refers to it in the past tense, and he's taken two software positions since March.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/7/642/115

Until he posts something definitive, though, we won't know for sure.  It could be just a very long hiatus...

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 23 Dec 2008, 11:27 pm »
If they're gone it'll be a damned shame.  I had quite a few pieces, both Adapt & Response, and really loved them.  I sold most of them when I moved thinking I'd upgrade to something better but I haven't done so yet. :oops:  Sure wish I had all my 8th Nerve stuff back now! :duh:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #11 on: 23 Dec 2008, 11:31 pm »
If they're gone it'll be a damned shame.  I had quite a few pieces, both Adapt & Response, and really loved them.  I sold most of them when I moved thinking I'd upgrade to something better but I haven't done so yet. :oops:  Sure wish I had all my 8th Nerve stuff back now! :duh:

I'll happily sell you mine.

It is sitting in a box, unused.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

George