Anyone running meadowlarks, Innersounds, Apogee, or Martin

buckeyefanandy

Have found 4 or five great deals on speakers locally.

Wanted to see if anyone has run these with thier Odyssey gear and or compared these to one another.  I know they are at differant proce points and I will be demoing each in the other guys rig.

The list of players include:

Martin Logan Montage- this years version

Apogee canaur minors, perfect shape almost new out of the box.  Have only been used the last 6 months due to the owners wifes refusal to have them out of the box and in the closet.

Meadowlark Swifts in oak

Innersound Eros MKII with the crossover and amplifier to match.

Any thouughts would be great.

Green Mountain audio Continuum 1 are also available.

miklorsmith

Anyone running meadowlarks, Innersounds, Apogee, or Martin
« Reply #1 on: 7 Mar 2006, 09:05 pm »
I personally do not like panel speakers.  They are incredibly agile but I have not heard one that truly develops instrumental tone.  The last pair I heard were the current ML $10k speaker (Ascent?) running off giant McIntosh monos.  They were extremely impressive in a hi-fi sense, but I couldn't feel the wooden body of instruments.  Overall, it was about a $35k system in a respectable hi-fi shop, with a dedicated room.  Me, my buddy, and a fist full of my CD's shared about 45 minutes, alone (gasp) in that room, so I feel pretty confident about what I heard.

Planars, to me, have world-class acceleration to 30 mph but never get to 60.

When you demo them, try to pay some attention to this parameter, as for me, it's a dealbreaker.  The other bugaboo can be positioning - you'll need a fair amount of room behind them.  The room I demo'd in had the speakers 5-6 feet off the front wall.

I don't have any experience with the others you list.  Good luck though, it's a lot of fun!

Mike