Speakers for Lio??

gene9p

Re: Speakers for Lio??
« Reply #40 on: 4 Oct 2019, 03:50 pm »

Harbeth P3 ESR's SE in Roswood arrived. This is my second set of the P3's , the first was 5 years ago with my Parasound gear. They are a year old trade in set from a dealer..BEK HIFI, in PA who is also demoing Vinnie's new gear in store. This is a great combo with the LIO Integrated. I can highly recommend this set up especially if you live in an apartment as I do.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #41 on: 4 Oct 2019, 04:05 pm »
  Cool Gene looks good.

charles

Yomaha

« Reply #42 on: 8 Oct 2019, 02:00 pm »
Hey jriggy, would you mind sharing these thoughts? I am also curious about Devore (specifically O/96) with the Lio. I've had the opportunity to hear the Devores but never with the Lio.

Cheers

Anyone here with impressions of the Devore O/96 or Gibbon X with LIO?  TIA

jriggy

« Reply #43 on: 8 Oct 2019, 04:05 pm »
Anyone here with impressions of the Devore O/96 or Gibbon X with LIO?  TIA
When I had my LIO DHT (L2 now) and took it to a really cool home dealer location, we put the LIO in place over the resident Leben CS600, with Devore Gibbon X speakers....and it was fantastic. This was not a large room but it did have a couple big openings. Of course room size and listening volume is to be considered but the combo was wonderful.

trcks

« Reply #44 on: 8 Oct 2019, 10:17 pm »
How do you like the L2 vs your LIO DHT? What are the differences in the sound? I am still on the fence for trading up to the L2....

jriggy

« Reply #45 on: 9 Oct 2019, 01:24 pm »
How do you like the L2 vs your LIO DHT? What are the differences in the sound? I am still on the fence for trading up to the L2....

I’m using the L2 preamp but not much else I can say that hasn’t already been mentioned in the L2 thread. It’s cleaner and clearer, with a much lower noise floor. Other than that, it’s been to long and I haven’t thought about it. Just know it’s a different league altogether.
I believe you have two+ months left to trade-in LIO for L2 through Vinnie. After that it will be dealer only (if my memory is correct), if trades are still taken—I don’t know.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #46 on: 9 Oct 2019, 03:56 pm »
  Basically ANY speaker that is a good speaker will mate with the LIO period. My Favorites so far are Volti, Spatial and Rethm.

charles

gene9p

« Reply #47 on: 10 Oct 2019, 02:40 pm »
I hooked up my Velodyne Mini Vee to accompany the Harbeth P3's via the variable outputs.This is one great sub for music and movies that goes below 20hz and has been in semi retirement the last few years in my home. Just a little touch of bass from this baby and it gives the Harbeth's a nice jump in performance.  :thumb:

gene9p

« Reply #48 on: 16 Oct 2019, 02:28 pm »
One more set of speakers arrived , the Bryston Mini A's in beautiful Piano Gloss White. I have them set up on a pair of sand filled 28 inch stands. The Vinnie Rossi LIO is having no problem driving them. They need break in time so right now the Harbeth's have the upper hand. I plugged the rear ports as I have done in the past with my Bryston speakers because of distance to the rear wall and I am incorporating my Velodyne sub very lightly. Lot's of great detail and the brightness of the speakers is reducing daily. One nice thing about the LIO is the ability to change tubes, in this case I can add a warmer Amperex 6922 should I feel the need.  The gloss white speakers are beautifully built and Bryston packaging is superb for protecting the speakers during shipping. I will update over the next few weeks as the break in and tweaking continues.

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
« Reply #49 on: 17 Oct 2019, 01:20 pm »
Loving my rivals, and waiting for the L2iSE arrives!

jriggy

« Reply #50 on: 17 Oct 2019, 06:06 pm »
Loving my rivals, and waiting for the L2iSE arrives!
Congrats Matt! Yer gonna love it. You have Volti’s now? Thought you had Joseph Audio...??

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
« Reply #51 on: 21 Oct 2019, 11:52 pm »
Congrats Matt! Yer gonna love it. You have Volti’s now? Thought you had Joseph Audio...??

Yes swapped out a few months ago.  Rivals are outstanding!

Delta77

« Reply #52 on: 22 Oct 2019, 12:12 am »
You have my vote on  Volti ..

gene9p

« Reply #53 on: 3 Jul 2020, 03:28 pm »
I came across some vintage Snells, again, ..lol. These were favorites of mine from the 90's ..JIV's. They need some TLC and repair but sound awesome. WOW..they sing with my LIO. Unfortunately the woofers are disgusting..how the hell do they sound so good in that condition??

I just replaced the woofers with a pair of authentic ones from a Snell parts dealer so break in time is needed. I was going to replace the coils too but I don't want to mess with the board ,cutting wires, , re soldering, etc so I am leaving the original parts in place.They look really clean inside and good order. I made friends with a guy e-bay who made me some badges for the grilles and they could use new spikes. I am not going to re stain them as I did with my black KIII's. These are cherry so I cleaned them up and polished them for now.

I still have the Amperex 7308's in the LIO and I am still using the PS audio stellar 300 amp but will try the Lio's amp output later on......

Yomaha

« Reply #54 on: 8 Jul 2020, 06:32 pm »
Anyone tried the Volti Razz?

http://voltiaudio.com/razz/

gene9p

« Reply #55 on: 12 Aug 2020, 02:49 pm »
I added Isoacoustics Gaia III's..man do they make a difference in sound. Not just a gimmick, they really work. I felt something was missing from the sound of the Snells.  I ordered the Aperta stands which were too small but sound was fantastic!! I sprung for two sets of the feet..pricey..yup..but ya gotta hear what they can do for your speakers.

« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2020, 07:19 pm by gene9p »