Kismet monos soon, I hope!!

Arcticdeth

Re: Kismet monos soon, I hope!!
« Reply #20 on: 26 Aug 2019, 02:17 am »
Damn and double damn!

My Mother and her friend had to cancel their Indianapolis trip due to timing and health.

Klaus said this way he can do finishing touches!and burn them in.
 Which is very much needed to,keep,my new amps reliable

I’m so excited, can hardly contain my excitement.

I will be benching my Carver sunfire 600 Sig, to listen to the Odyssey monos. And break them in.

E X C I T E D !!!

all,those years of saving, has paid off. Their paid for and I’m just waiting on time to get them, while Klaus burns them to check for any issues which may occur.
  Happy!
Finally,, wanted to rant about how long I’ve been waiting!and posting in here, and the dream has finally come true.
 Just a matter of time til their in my house warming up.

MONKEYWICKEDMONKEY

« Reply #21 on: 26 Aug 2019, 07:44 pm »
I wish I was this excited about literally anything.

Arcticdeth

« Reply #22 on: 13 Oct 2019, 08:18 am »
I’m super excited!
I have been waiting and hoping for a great many years!
  The amps I think are done, I’m trying to find the time to drive to indy, to pick em up.
Or maybe make a plan to meet halfway.

Klaus has been so patient, and helpful, with my mega numerous posts in here, I’m finally a proud owner of a pair of Odyssey monos, they will drive Energy rc-70’s and cerwin vega modded D9’s

Played through the Sanders sound preamp, should be great, if not I have a onkyo p308 pre.

Or my B&K pro 10mc
Whichever sounds better

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #23 on: 14 Oct 2019, 10:48 am »
Boy oh boy oh boy oh boy........Rusty will be so frickin' happy...his amps are done and they are awesome !!!!!!

Arcticdeth

« Reply #24 on: 15 Oct 2019, 01:38 am »
Boy oh boy oh boy oh boy........Rusty will be so frickin' happy...his amps are done and they are awesome !!!!!!

I’m so excited to to,plug them in, and actually hear the break in happening from day to day. 
  And what you did for me, stopping by my house, (glad I’m fairly close, and I think you were at the Chicago audio show that night?)
How many people, would actually stop
By a customers house to pick up a pair of old amps, then, be absolutely descent, kind, open, and fun, honest, upgrade them and call me that they are done?!!  I have never ever had this kind of service,......EVER!

WELL, to be honest only one other owner is as cool like Klaus, granted he’s 2K miles away in Colorado though.

Anyway, I am grateful to have Klaus in my corner. If Klaus says these monos are amazing, I know I will be happy.  My,modded,Cerwin Vegas do dip low, but these monos will kick out well above 300++ W into 4 ohm load. And my other speakers are rated only,about 250 peak , I’m set for a long time, and I will finally keep up with my brothers system. Who is also,an audio nut, and always bested me, looks like the tide has turned.

Great week everyone, I’m waiting and hoping I can find the time to hit the road to Indy for a road trip.

Klaus, I’ll nring a bottle of red wine as well.

Cheers , Y’all

Arcticdeth

« Reply #25 on: 22 Mar 2020, 12:02 am »
And........after ,......oh, I don’t know, 15 years, I have acquired a pair of Odyssey Kismet monoblocs’.

THEIR.......HEEEERRE!

Klaus, thank you for your time and all you have done,

If ya’ll didn’t know years back, I found a much older pair of STRATOS mono blocks for a good price. And Klaus upgraded them to Kismet monos!  I am in the process of moving cables, equipment, etc, to make room, and let these warm up for 3-4 weeks on 24/7, as recommended.  I love the silver top also, the two tone looks amazing.

More to come in the coming weeks.

Thanks again Klaus!
  As soon as all this crapola blows over ,  we owe you a nice supper & bottle of wine.

Randy

« Reply #26 on: 22 Mar 2020, 12:09 am »
And........after ,......oh, I don’t know, 15 years, I have acquired a pair of Odyssey Kismet monoblocs’.

THEIR.......HEEEERRE!

Klaus, thank you for your time and all you have done,

If ya’ll didn’t know years back, I found a much older pair of STRATOS mono blocks for a good price. And Klaus upgraded them to Kismet monos!  I am in the process of moving cables, equipment, etc, to make room, and let these warm up for 3-4 weeks on 24/7, as recommended.  I love the silver top also, the two tone looks amazing.

More to come in the coming weeks.

Thanks again Klaus!
  As soon as all this crapola blows over ,  we owe you a nice supper & bottle of wine.

Congratulations!..   Great amps made by a great guy.

Arcticdeth

« Reply #27 on: 22 Mar 2020, 03:06 am »
All hooked up, tweaking cables, keeping them on and throughout the day music will play!
  Looking forward to these amps.
They are great!!

Arcticdeth

« Reply #28 on: 22 Mar 2020, 08:50 am »
As memory serves,  I purchased the emotiva xpa-1 special editions monos many years back, I had read about a forum member buying all Odyssey, my interest was peaked!
I researched, read, 100 reviews on Odyssey.

My dream is true, I. Picked up my odyssey kismet amps today, I met Klaus in Indiana,
Such an amazing dude!

My emotiva safe boxed up, and I’m using my odyssey kismet maps.
I have a long break in as per Klaus, 400 hours+.

I played a few discs tonight, new robin trower, a couple by Uli Jon Roth, ,some metal, overkill, sodom, and some rock,  UFO, etc.
 Sounds great. Next month will be great!

Gnight

Randy

« Reply #29 on: 22 Mar 2020, 06:44 pm »
As memory serves,  I purchased the emotiva xpa-1 special editions monos many years back, I had read about a forum member buying all Odyssey, my interest was peaked!
I researched, read, 100 reviews on Odyssey.

My dream is true, I. Picked up my odyssey kismet amps today, I met Klaus in Indiana,
Such an amazing dude!

My emotiva safe boxed up, and I’m using my odyssey kismet maps.
I have a long break in as per Klaus, 400 hours+.

I played a few discs tonight, new robin trower, a couple by Uli Jon Roth, ,some metal, overkill, sodom, and some rock,  UFO, etc.
 Sounds great. Next month will be great!

Gnight

I met Klaus at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest some years ago. He remembered the amps he made for me and asked about what I found for break-in time, since some others in the room were discussing it.  I didn't have a good answer, but told him that they just sounded great right out of the box as far as I was concerned.

Arcticdeth

« Reply #30 on: 24 Mar 2020, 07:05 am »
Wow, am I shocked!

Used the STRATOS on my cerwin vega modded D-9s’ (old ones from 2005 - 2007 or something like that,
  I drained the old stratos, heard amps which would be drained , and the speakers owned the amps.this would not have happened!

well, I’m a believer now, these new kismet amps, drive these low ohm amp killers like it’s easy!
   So happy!!

These amps, I’ve waited 20years for, and they are powerful, and own my modded D-9s’
  It’s about time, I’m so glad, I popped for these amps.

They are everything ide hoped for.
Without Klaus, THANK YOU!

on on day two, Tuesday is day three only, and I ca hear a huge sound transformation, if these get better, as promised, I’ll be in heaven!

Sigh...... finally, after so mnay years, i have amazing amps! ODYSSEY KISMET MONOS!

I CAN now relax and k ow I have amps, which will drive anything I

My search is complete!

20 year amps, which will be passed down to my audio man in training.

Yes, I’m ripped, and posted a lot in the past 24 hrs.
Well worth it.
 Amazing audio.

I’m happy, ecstatic, and can breath a sigh of relief. 

KISMET amps are wicked!

Arcticdeth

« Reply #31 on: 25 Mar 2020, 07:38 am »
You guys have no clue!
 Breaking in a pair of kismet monos!
 After what seems like a lifetime, they are here, warm, fuzzy, been powered up for 3 days now.

Playing Paul Gilbert, get out of my yard cd, over and over.
Same cd so I can hear a difference daily.

There is some difference, day to day,most noticeable from day 1 to this evening.
Bass, deep and tight, and loose and boomy.
 Really cool, being able to hear the difference.   

SO HAPPY, I’m. In heaven past 3 days, and it will only get better!

Can’t wait!

Chime in people!.......

'St Pauli girls flowin tonight!
Almost 12 down, amps  are wonderful!

Digi-G

« Reply #32 on: 25 Mar 2020, 05:24 pm »
I've got an Odyssey Stratos Extreme, that I've had for...16 years or so (I don't believe the Kismet was available back then).  Love it.  Not sure if I was a believer in electronics break-in, but I could sure hear it the first couple of days.  Especially with the bass.  One day it would be very loose and not very impressive, the next day it would be tight and controlled and the third day it would be non-existent.  It had me a little worried but talking with Klaus he assured me that was normal and eventually it would settled down.  It did, probably within the first 3-4 days.  It got better after that but it was more subtle - I would say for the next 6-8 weeks it improved.  Per Klaus's recommendation I left the amp on (still do).  Definitely sounds better when warmed and I can hear the difference if it's turned off for a while.  Blue faceplate here.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #33 on: 25 Mar 2020, 07:16 pm »
  After the 14th Paulie Girl they will be the best thing since sliced bread. Kidding aside after 500 hours you will be a happier camper.

charles

Arcticdeth

« Reply #34 on: 31 Mar 2020, 03:03 am »
It’s been such a nice past week. Walking downstairs, seeing the blue Odyssey insignias lit up, while I change cds’
And keep the break in going, on a serious note, there is some difference in sound, but not a whole lot.

Some difference in bass, and midrange,

I’m a happy camper,
All I need is way better speakers for these Odyssey amps.
I’m using BIC v830’s  nice speakers, but it could be much better!
As soon as scratch is available, better newer speakers will be brought in, but, it may take a long time.

Happy, happy, Odyssey Kismet monos! Mine, mine!!!

👍👍😊😊😊