SWL 9SE Support questions

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #20 on: 16 Feb 2006, 03:35 am »
Hi oris,

Sending it in to Dan is a good idea as he will get it in top shape. Do you know if the previous owner was "inside" the unit? We all know what DIY'ers can do to products.

I have sold a few of these preamps and nobody, to my knowledge, has ever mentioned this problem. I have had mine for a while and never experienced this or any other sonic problems.

Have no fear, you will soon experience the full potential this preamp is capable of and will probably never look back.

Keep us posted.

modwright

Email Reply...
« Reply #21 on: 16 Feb 2006, 04:23 am »
Sorry for not replying to the P.M. sooner, but I truly don't check this site as regularly as I do my email account: modwright@yahoo.com.

I do believe that there is something wrong, to cause the image to shift to the left as you describe.  The warranty is transferrable and I have no problem taking a look at it for you.

Thanks.

Dan W.

oris98

« Reply #22 on: 16 Feb 2006, 04:52 am »
I don't think he had done any work on it as he only had the unit for 3 months.  When I open the cover to swap the tubes, it looks everything so clean and tidy inside..   However, I think when I put a tube anchor to the tubes to control the vibration, I notice there is less hiss noise from the speakers (the left side still higer though).   Now, I have to stick my ear to the speakers in about 5 inches and I can hear the noise.

modwright

Noise
« Reply #23 on: 17 Feb 2006, 05:37 am »
Interesting.  Some tubes are noiser than others.  It could be that the tubes are just a bit noisy.  Interesting that mechanical vibration damping of the tubes did reduce this tube noise however.

Thanks,

Dan

oris98

« Reply #24 on: 17 Feb 2006, 06:26 am »
OK DAN,

I will have the preamp shipped to you for warranty repair..  Many thanks again in advance..  Any Idea when can I get a pair of cyroed Tung Sol tubes ?  or any place you suggest to get the tubes cyro treated ?