For Sale - line arrays

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
For Sale - line arrays
« on: 26 Sep 2017, 02:04 am »
All of the below plus shipping (27529 zip) - no additional charge for PayPal. Let me know your location for a shipping quote.

"Gamechanger" CBT arrays - (10) 4" aluminum cone woofers and (30) 3/4" soft dome tweeters per cabinet, Tineo veneer with Wenge veneered bases, good condition, grills ok for shipping only, $3,000/pr. with new pre-programmed miniDSP 2x4HDP crossover.

« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2018, 09:24 pm by Rick Craig »

xsilverjag

Re: For Sale - speakers,electronics, and drivers
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2017, 09:55 am »
Is that a tono? Do you have a pic of the cab?
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2017, 11:36 am by xsilverjag »

xsilverjag

« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2017, 12:34 pm »
Rick, I'm debating buying the mod Tono and then building a "hybrid Tono" with a SB23MFCL45-8. Does the passive cross over sound better than the DSP or is relative?

Also.. How would this compare to Cantilena you xo'd. I built one this past year and love it just getting ready for a new project.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2017, 03:23 pm »
Rick, I'm debating buying the mod Tono and then building a "hybrid Tono" with a SB23MFCL45-8. Does the passive cross over sound better than the DSP or is relative?

Also.. How would this compare to Cantilena you xo'd. I built one this past year and love it just getting ready for a new project.

It really depends on the system and room. Obviously I have designed and built many speakers with passive crossovers that perform well. DSP has the advantage of room EQ / correction. I think many audiophiles spend lots of money changing out equipment and cables but never address room issues. A great speaker can be ruined by a bad room and most have bass peaks at the very least.

That said, some driver combinations benefit more than others from an active crossover. With the hybrid version of the Tono it can be configured as a 3-way or like a 2-way with a subwoofer. Passively it can be a nice 3-way and with better performance than the Cantilena. Greater dynamic capability in the midrange and a much better tweeter.

xsilverjag

Re: For Sale - speakers and electronics
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2018, 03:40 pm »
Ahh the tweeter. Is there a cost efficient way to upgrade the tweeter in the cantilena? Right now I have the cantilena's paired with the 8545 moral neocd3.0 center i purchased from you a few years ago.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
Re: For Sale - speakers and electronics
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2018, 09:26 pm »
Ahh the tweeter. Is there a cost efficient way to upgrade the tweeter in the cantilena? Right now I have the cantilena's paired with the 8545 moral neocd3.0 center i purchased from you a few years ago.

Probably not cost effective as it would change the crossover.