Access codes

Bingo

Access codes
« on: 25 Jan 2005, 08:28 pm »
Hello,
Would anyone out there be able to help me out with a couple of access codes?  I need to use the service code on my Mitsubishi widescreen WS-48513, to do a set up and I would like to know how to make an LG LST-3510A code free, so I can use it's RGBHV output into my Barco BG801 projector.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ctviggen

Access codes
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2005, 08:55 pm »

Bingo

Access codes
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2005, 04:32 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I went to that sight and noticed that I had been there before. The codes won't work. One problem is that the 2003 series WS's don't have a "MENUE" button, they do have "TV MENU" and "DEVICE MENU" and those won't do the trick. The company won't give out these service codes to the customer. Please don't give up on me. I do appreciate the help.  Any luck on the LG LST-3510 region free code? I seem to think it may be just a series of remote control commands.

ctviggen

Access codes
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2005, 04:41 pm »
I thought you could order the service manual from them?  Here's another location you can try:

http://www.hometheaterspot.com/htsthreads/ubbthreads.php/Cat/Cat/C/11

You may have to pay, though, to get access to the calibration information.

bubba966

Access codes
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2005, 04:41 am »
Quote from: Bingo
Any luck on the LG LST-3510 region free code?

This was all I could find for your player (and even this was hard to find). Not sure if it works...

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?select=LG+LST-3510A

Bingo

Access codes
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jan 2005, 12:51 am »
Thanks to both of you for the help with the 2003 Mits codes. I found that it has a few codes for different functions. How many does this thing have?  I got in there and cleaned up the main convergence system and got the color tracking a bit more in order.  Big improvement!  Fun stuff... really!  I don't know if this unit has the ability to adjust phase/rastor on each crt.  Haven't yet found the menue for that, if it does exist.  The yokes need alot of tweeking and the images need centering on the rastors.  Back to the laboratory.  Thanks again for the great tips.  Haven't yet tried the LG mod, but I'll soon get to it.  
Best regards,
Bingo

Bingo

Access codes
« Reply #6 on: 10 Feb 2005, 07:26 pm »
:banghead: I just got a call from a fellow named Niel, @ LG coustomer service, and he aked if I was satisfied with my LG technical phone assistance. I told him that they were curtious enough, but then I unloaded on him about my new(and soon to be returned) LG LST-3510A's refusal to play copy protected DVD's via my RGBHV inputs on my Barco BG801 projector. I told him the HD tuner was impressive with it's 1080i output, but also how I hate being told  that I am not allowed to view DVD's with the maximum level of defintion that the unit was capable. He said that DVD playback at 480p was as good as the deck permits, due to the copy protection within the unit and on the DVD. He said that the player WAS capable of HD playback, but his hands were tied and it WAS NOT an issue of the unit being a "region 1" machine.
    So that's the technical nut to crack and I urge everyone of you, having this same problem, to call LG @ 1-800-243-0000 and complain about this issue! Help!