BDP-2 Digital Player

Rod_S

Re: BDP-2 Digital Player
« Reply #1040 on: 11 Jun 2015, 07:04 pm »

Rod_S

« Reply #1041 on: 11 Jun 2015, 07:06 pm »
Yes the record companies that are responsible.  To me it is silly.  I could pay someone to buy it where it can be purchased and make a copy and what is that accomplishing that helps them?

Yeah to me it's foolishness like this on the record companies part that leads to more people going out of their way to get it free via torrents, etc. It encourages the very thing they are trying to curb.

Rod_S

« Reply #1042 on: 11 Jun 2015, 07:07 pm »
Hi Rod

Your BDP is leaving next week.

james

Thanks James  :thumb:

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #1043 on: 12 Jun 2015, 12:22 pm »
I have sent several emails to Bryston over the past two weeks inquiring on purchasing the Bryston audio card for my beloved BDP-2. I have not had a single reply  :cry:, which is a bit odd as customer service has always been a forte of Bryston. Anyone else with a similar experience? Would love to get the new Bryston card into my BDP-2.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1044 on: 12 Jun 2015, 12:35 pm »
I have sent several emails to Bryston over the past two weeks inquiring on purchasing the Bryston audio card for my beloved BDP-2. I have not had a single reply  :cry:, which is a bit odd as customer service has always been a forte of Bryston. Anyone else with a similar experience? Would love to get the new Bryston card into my BDP-2.

Hi Ned

Not sure what is up there - email me and I will pass it along to Mike.

jamestanner@bryston.com

james

Norton

« Reply #1045 on: 12 Jun 2015, 06:27 pm »

Yes, exactly the same experience here.  Bryston service is normally so good I would half expect them to email me to say the audio card you didn't yet know you need is in the post...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1046 on: 12 Jun 2015, 07:52 pm »
Yes, exactly the same experience here.  Bryston service is normally so good I would half expect them to email me to say the audio card you didn't yet know you need is in the post...

Hi Norton

Did someone get back to you - if not please email me.

james

Norton

« Reply #1047 on: 12 Jun 2015, 10:21 pm »
Hi Norton

Did someone get back to you - if not please email me.

james

Yes thanks James.  Looking at the instructions now and pondering whether I'm up to fitting it myself.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1048 on: 13 Jun 2015, 09:50 pm »
Dear James,

After almost 24 hrs of power and more than half singing, I'm confident to report that, used with USB output, the new BDP2 performs in my system in another league than BDP1, in terms of dynamic contrasts, texture and detail. Congratulations!

Thank you,

Vlad
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2015, 11:15 pm by James Tanner »

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #1049 on: 14 Jun 2015, 09:16 pm »
I am having an odd problem. I just noticed that there are a large number of folders that will not load into the database. I did a factory reset and those folders still failed to show up. They do not show up in Manic Moose or MPaD. I can find those files as present when I scan the hard drive connected to the BDP-2 via a computer. Any ideas anyone?

ozzy

« Reply #1050 on: 14 Jun 2015, 11:11 pm »
I seen this recently posted, but did not see an answer. With new update, I can no longer delete songs in the playlists.

Mag

« Reply #1051 on: 15 Jun 2015, 12:21 am »
I am having an odd problem. I just noticed that there are a large number of folders that will not load into the database. I did a factory reset and those folders still failed to show up. They do not show up in Manic Moose or MPaD. I can find those files as present when I scan the hard drive connected to the BDP-2 via a computer. Any ideas anyone?

I had a similar situation with jump drives. It would start with one file and migrate to the whole thing and become unreadable. IMO it's a virus of some sort. If you can access the drive and file it will look like some kind of strange code. This is one or the risks of downloads, viruses can be hidden in the codex.

On my old computer a virus migrated all over the computer and would cloak themselves in other files. If you deleted the file it would just re-write somewhere. It eventually caused the cd drive to stop working. Even after I formatted one the drives the virus was still present, somehow migrating from the other drive. Nasty stuff

So if you see a strange code I would throw the drive away.

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #1052 on: 15 Jun 2015, 11:59 am »
It turns out that the files not been scanned by the BDP-2 are DSD files converted to 176.4/24 using J River. They scan properly in Media Monkey and play on my computer. All files are flac.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1053 on: 15 Jun 2015, 01:04 pm »
It turns out that the files not been scanned by the BDP-2 are DSD files converted to 176.4/24 using J River. They scan properly in Media Monkey and play on my computer. All files are flac.

Hi Ned

OK thanks - will ask Chris about it.

james

Wave~Trader

« Reply #1054 on: 17 Jun 2015, 12:58 pm »
Hello,

I've just ordered a new Bryston BDP-2 :icon_lol: and have started reading the online owner's manual to get familiar with the unit before it arrives.

The info re the "RS232 ports" mentions "hard wired control systems like AMX, Creston, etc."; does anyone use this type of system, and if so, can you provide some insight/experience about using such a system?

Regards,

Wave~Trader

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #1055 on: 17 Jun 2015, 05:58 pm »
I don't use RS232. I've been using I/R (via RF) for quite a while.

As a remote control programming enthusiast, I think one of the best innovations to hit home theater and stereo is the ability to control devices via local WiFi. In my experience, the response time is faster than I/R (not sure about RS232) and the chances of commands in a macro being dropped (via RF transmission) are only limited by your WiFi coverage.

All that being said, the only I/R commands I use for my BDP-2 are to power it on or off. All control of the unit is best done via the built in web page interface.

- Garrett

Wave~Trader

« Reply #1056 on: 17 Jun 2015, 09:24 pm »
Thanks Garrett.

Will the "built in web page interface" work on Windows phones/tablets?

Regards,

Wave~Trader

Ned F. Kuehn

« Reply #1057 on: 17 Jun 2015, 09:30 pm »
Hi Ned

OK thanks - will ask Chris about it.

james

Mystery solved. Turns out that Windows 7 encrypted contents to secure data. Once I undid that, all is fine. The original DSD files were downloaded on my MacBook Pro. Apparently Windows 7 will encrypt files brought over form the Mac. All files are now scanning properly.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1058 on: 17 Jun 2015, 09:36 pm »
Mystery solved. Turns out that Windows 7 encrypted contents to secure data. Once I undid that, all is fine. The original DSD files were downloaded on my MacBook Pro. Apparently Windows 7 will encrypt files brought over form the Mac. All files are now scanning properly.

Hi Ned

Great sleuthing !

It just shows you though that with normal computers you never know what is going on behind the scene  :scratch:

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #1059 on: 18 Jun 2015, 08:30 am »
Thanks Garrett.

Will the "built in web page interface" work on Windows phones/tablets?

Regards,

Wave~Trader

It should... I prefer to use Chrome as my web browser, but Firefox works well. I believe both can be downloaded and installed on Windows phones and the Surface. If not, Windows 10 (due out in July) should rectify that.

- Garrett