Ncore NC1200 Amps - Any News Lately?

mitch2

Ncore NC1200 Amps - Any News Lately?
« on: 13 Jul 2014, 07:06 am »
Anything new on amplifiers made with the Hypex Ncore NC1200 module and SMPS1200 power supply?
I heard a pair of the Atsah's in my system for about 10 days and thought they sounded great but, other than the rave 10 Audio review, and infrequent comments about Merrill's Veritas amps, I have seen or heard nothing new for awhile, including any forum posts, which is unusual for new technology that sounds good.  Usually, at least the new owners are talking them up. It appears the Mola-Mola amps may be available through "On A Higher Note" in CA but I have not read anything resembling a news release.  So, why the quiet? Is everybody waiting for the next big Class D breakthrough, or are folks just not buying amps?  Did I miss something?
« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2014, 10:58 am by mitch2 »

JayDoubleU

Re: Ncore NC1200 Amps - Any News Lately?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2015, 11:49 pm »
Anything new on amplifiers made with the Hypex Ncore NC1200 module and SMPS1200 power supply?
I heard a pair of the Atsah's in my system for about 10 days and thought they sounded great but, other than the rave 10 Audio review, and infrequent comments about Merrill's Veritas amps, I have seen or heard nothing new for awhile, including any forum posts, which is unusual for new technology that sounds good.  Usually, at least the new owners are talking them up. It appears the Mola-Mola amps may be available through "On A Higher Note" in CA but I have not read anything resembling a news release.  So, why the quiet? Is everybody waiting for the next big Class D breakthrough, or are folks just not buying amps?  Did I miss something?

I've noticed too that there is little talk about Ncore 1200 amps, other than the reviews we have all seen. My guess is that these amps are so good - if done right - that there isn't much left to do but enjoy the music. The search for that better amp for me stopped the day my Merrill Audio Veritas amps arrived. They are so good that I haven't looked at amp reviews since. My next focus will be to find a pre-amp that matches the ultimate quality of the Veritas amps.
Second reason of course might be that not too many of us have amps like this, simply because of their price tag. They are expensive, but so is upgrading your amps every couple of years in that endless quest for the best amp. Buying two of those Merrill amps will end that once and for all!

Back to the music now!

yyz

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2015, 06:11 am »
I recently noticed the rave reviews on the Merrill amps. Comments like yours really help me make my decision easier to try the 30 day trial.

hifial

• Ambassador, Sound Galleries & Taiko Audio
    • Sound Test
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2015, 04:21 am »
I recently noticed the rave reviews on the Merrill amps. Comments like yours really help me make my decision easier to try the 30 day trial.

Try it, you'll like it. I also love my Merrill Veritas Amps and I am done searching. I HIGHLY recommend the Stillpoints Ultra SS if you can afford the upgrade over the Mini. And for a CHEAP upgrade for your system try the bamboo butcher block boards that IKEA sells, APTITLIG, for $14.99. Use them under all your components and speakers, with the Stillpoints or any other footers like the Stillpoints. 

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00233429/