Logitech / Harmony 650 help ...........

twitch54

Logitech / Harmony 650 help ...........
« on: 19 Jul 2017, 03:03 pm »
Ok, just recently added a new AVR to the mix (Denon X3300W) and all I can get my Harmony 650 to do is turn it on and off. No volume control, etc.

Any suggestions as to what I've done wrong or need to do further ??

Thanks,

Dave

yamaha626

Re: Logitech / Harmony 650 help ...........
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2017, 05:21 pm »
Your description is a little light on details, but my first thought is that you haven't set up any activities. Your description leads me to assume that all you have done is add a piece of equipment, but have not associated any activities with the new equipment.

BTW, if you want to upgrade to a Harmony Touch, I have one available. I bought it to try out, but I really hate how Logitech has dumbed down their set-up software, and therefore I'm selling my Harmony remote.

twitch54

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2017, 05:35 pm »
basically I hooked the remote up to the computer, dowloaded / updated per instructions (so I thought ??) and that was it ??

Obviously I'm missing something ........

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2017, 06:43 pm »
basically I hooked the remote up to the computer, dowloaded / updated per instructions (so I thought ??) and that was it ??

Obviously I'm missing something ........

You select your devices and then usually an activity (e.g. watch a movie, listen to music).  You go thru a set-up process with the activity.  For example if you select watch a movie it will ask you for the components involved and then ask you which component controls the volume.

Phil A

twitch54

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jul 2017, 09:05 pm »
Thanks Phil, I'll try again ............