Truly appreciating the genius of LIO and the impeccable customer service

schw06

I promised myself I would not write about the LIO until I've owned it for a year so that my words weren't written off as just another guy that's excited about a new toy. I'm definitely past the honeymoon phase with this product (dac/phono/abc with tube stage +amp) and would like to express my overwhelming happiness with the product from some of the benefits that don't materialize on the day you purchase and are only realized after time owning the unit.
   First is the modular design: I started with the rvc/tube stage and upgraded to the avc/tube stage when it became available. The simplicity of pulling one module out and popping the new one in sounded like a cool concept but when you actually swap them out you truly appreciate the brilliance of both the design and execution. We had a power outage last week with a nasty power surge that knocked out the amp in my LIO. It took 30 seconds to pull the amp out and $6 to get it to Vinnie. No lugging your 75 pound amp to Fedex with hundreds of $ in shipping and insurance costs back and forth. Also no concerns your amp will get dropped and broken in transit. This leads me to the second benefit:
   Vinnie's customer service. My amp module was received, diagnosed, repaired, and ready to be shipped back within 24 hours. Despite the fact that there was no problem with the LIO (my horrible A/C was the problem), Vinnie considered it under warranty and serviced it for free. The guy simply goes above and beyond for his customers.
   Of course none of this means anything if the product itself doesn't stack up. The LIO put $13,000 back in my pocket and let me assure you the sonics match the level of execution and customer service. I feel like the cat that ate the canary every time I listen to music. Brilliant sonics, execution, design, and customer service.
Thank you Vinnie!
David

TomS

Well said David  :thumb:

Vinnie was providing "special" accommodations for my LIO setup at the same time they were seriously underwater getting units shipped to customers and reviewers from the backlog, doing shows, etc.

It is for sure a brilliantly executed product, accompanied by great service  :D

genjamon

Absolutely!  Vinnie added an extra input direct on his amp module for me, and a little switch - so I could do efficient A/B comparisons between his preamp module and my current preamp.  I didn't ask him to do it - he came up with the idea on his own and proposed it to me after listening carefully to what I wanted to do in the auditioning phase.  And he followed through without me needing to ask about it, and remembered to reference it an some other little details in his email to me when it shipped.  Great service and attention to detail.  Gives me great confidence in his design skills!!

Vinnie R.

Hi schw06, TomS, and genjamon,

Thank you for your feedback - it is really appreciated!

Enjoy your LIO,

Vinnie

mcanaday

I'll add my voice to the chorus here.  I ordered a LIO with phono-stage, inputs, mosfet amplifier, and an AVC tubestage.  It's already the best audio purchase I have ever made.  Hooked up to the LIO, my KEF LS50s glisten--they are so warm, lush, and intimate and I feel like these speakers are finally doing everything they are capable of.  The phono-stage is simply terrific.  And, of course, Vinnie's support and customer service has been just amazing throughout the whole process.  Don't you love it when the nice guys win?  Thanks, Vinnie! 

Margot

Vinnie R.

I'll add my voice to the chorus here.  I ordered a LIO with phono-stage, inputs, mosfet amplifier, and an AVC tubestage.  It's already the best audio purchase I have ever made.  Hooked up to the LIO, my KEF LS50s glisten--they are so warm, lush, and intimate and I feel like these speakers are finally doing everything they are capable of.  The phono-stage is simply terrific.  And, of course, Vinnie's support and customer service has been just amazing throughout the whole process.  Don't you love it when the nice guys win?  Thanks, Vinnie! 

Margot

Hi Margot,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the VR forum, and thank you for your post!

Happy listening,

Vinnie