Taken: pair of unfinished baltic birch Zigmahornet enclosures

jrebman

Pending for both the enclosures and drivers...

-- Jim

Just starting the proceess of deep cleaning of finished projects, spare parts, etc. now that my systems are basically done.  Anyway, firsst to go is this pair of baltic birch zigmahornet enclosures.  They still need some sanding and finishing, a bit of trimming on the bottom edge, and drivers and wiring, and bases need to be made and attached.  Construction is all butt joints with glue only -- no fastners of any kind, and top piece is quilted maple but nothing fancy and not matched, so should probably be painted.  Driver holes are  cutout, industrial felt behind drivers, and small bits of acoustistuff at the peak and in the J-vent inside above the port.

Only catc is that you have to pick them up -- they are approximately 60" tall and 4.5" wide and about the same deep (built to specified dimensions.)

I have a pair of original Merrill DCA4 drivers bought from Dave Merrill himself before he passed, and subsequently EnABLed by Bud Purvine, but I'll be selling those separately, but not very cheap because in total with EnABLing they cost me $275 (I'd take half that for them if anybody is interested.)

The finishd product is a very nice single driver speaker with quite usable bass, but would be excellent with a sub or two.  They also make fantastic surrounds for an HT setup, which is where my buddy who made these with me uses his.

Just email if interested, I'm not going to ship these, so it has to be a local pickup.

Thanks,

Jim

« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2012, 12:09 am by jrebman »

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Free: pair of unfinished baltic birch Zigmahornet enclosures
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2012, 02:17 am »
I have a pair that I'm using as computer speakers.  These are stunningly real on guitar and image like a son of a gun.  I'd take these in a heartbeat, but they are just too far from Tx.  If you still have them by next RMAF, I'll take them off your hands.   

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2012, 02:49 am »
Jim, Where are you located?  For some reason, I was thinking Colorado...

Scott

jrebman

« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2012, 02:57 am »
Hi Scott,

Yes, I live in Boulder.  If they're still here by RMAF, then I'll be glad to bring them for you.

Let me give it a week or so here and if nobody local wants them then I'll just set them aside for you.  They're sitting in the corner of my office behind the exercise bike, so not really taking up any valuable space, just sitting there making me think I should build them out, but if I do that, then it takes time from other projects and I really have nowhere to use them anyway.

-- Jim

Pez

« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2012, 02:58 am »
Well Jim lives in Boulder which is not part if Colorado, but rather it's own country in the middle of Colorado. :P

jrebman

« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2012, 03:19 am »
Yeah, something like that :D

Despite the extra helping of general fluffiness, I just realized the other day that I've been in this house longer than anywhere I've lived since leaving my parent's house when I left for college.  And I live in far north Boulder, which is fairly far removed from a lot of the scene that is Boulder.

-- Jim

mboxler

« Reply #6 on: 16 Feb 2012, 05:22 am »
PM sent

jrebman

Merril drivers were sold and the enclosures picked up this morning.

Mike, nice to meet you and Liz, and if there are any lingering questions, I'm just an email or phone call away.  Good luck with the project -- I think you will really like them with the amp you are building.

Thanks again,

Jim

mboxler

Merril drivers were sold and the enclosures picked up this morning.

Mike, nice to meet you and Liz, and if there are any lingering questions, I'm just an email or phone call away.  Good luck with the project -- I think you will really like them with the amp you are building.

Thanks again,

Jim

The pleasure was all ours!  Thanks for the offer...I'm sure a question or two will pop up.  Give Linda our best (and a treat for Abby(?) as well. 

Take care

Mike