NOS Dac and SyncroMesh

jackiejr

NOS Dac and SyncroMesh
« on: 9 Feb 2021, 01:09 am »
l
Looking to upgrade my Teradak NOS Dac. I run it with SM with very good results.The SM
has been a wonder! In the $1to $1.5k range. Right now the imaging is good as well as the stage. Need more
refinement of timbre etc. 

path73

Re: NOS Dac and SyncroMesh
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2021, 11:15 pm »
Before upgrading your DAC, do you currently use your SM with its stock (wall wart type) power supply?
In my experience, moving to a Dynamo or at least a regular Paul Hynes (current SR4T much better than older SR3) power supply would significantly raise the bar in terms of refinement at the DAC output, actually quite shocking in my setup, as well as using a coax cable that does justice to the extremely short rise times of the SM spdif signal.
Enjoy the quest,
/path

jackiejr

« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2021, 03:48 pm »
Wall wart yes. ok, good point. I think I'll go the Dynamo route.
I understand.  Thanks!!

dpatters

« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2021, 05:44 pm »
PM sent.

Don P

jackiejr

« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2021, 02:07 pm »
Hi Don

$250.00 ok?  Thanks John

audioengr

« Reply #5 on: 7 Mar 2021, 06:16 pm »
l
Looking to upgrade my Teradak NOS Dac. I run it with SM with very good results.The SM
has been a wonder! In the $1to $1.5k range. Right now the imaging is good as well as the stage. Need more
refinement of timbre etc.

The Dynamo would fix this, but I don't sell them anymore because the demand is too low to make the investment.

I would recommend to look at the SBooster in the correct voltage.  Also, upgrading your cables to my Standard BNC on the input and the Reference BNC on the output should help.